Prince Kenma Kozume X Male Reader

Title: "Venomous thorns"

Type:???

It's a story I longed to write. It might be closer to traditional writing, so I really hope you won't find it boring...
If you have any comments, please don't hesitate to write them, I'd love to hear your feedback! Also, if you dislike something, feel free to critique, after all it does lead to better writing :]
I sincerely hope some of you will find this story enjoyable!

Sincerely, Author.

I

Renowned leaves were dancing, carried by the refreshing winds of early spring. Endless plains were peaceful, roads to the capital were clear and empty, as if awaiting the return of the military convoy. Shortly, guards on the watch towers spotted dust raising on the horizon. Leading the line of soldiers were three carriages. Naturally, higher military leaders were in the first two, and younger officers, proudly presented as "new hopes", rode in the third. Before long, the grand gate opened before the convoy, revealing sidewalks crowded with cheering people. Grand general leaned out from the window, waving to the masses with an animated smile. As the soldiers poured behind the secure walls, mothers, on the brink of tears, searched for their sons and husbands.  I moved the velvet curtain, gazing out on the bustling streets, tuning out the lively conversation in the carriage.

"... What do you think (Y/N)? Ay, you even listening?"

Someone slightly shook my shoulder, when I turned around I saw a puzzled face of my dear friend, Adrien. Or as high command likes to point out "The best serving army medic in history!"
We all had that in common, "The best something ever" strategist, duelist... just so they can loath how young people thrive under their leadership. In reality, we do all the work, seniors just reap the shiny medals, trying to satisfy us with flashy superlatives.

"Not really, I had enough of you for a lifetime."

He snickered, noticing the effort I was making not to grin.

"Very funny (Y/N), say that next time you get wounded."

We shared a friendly laugh, even tho he was hardheaded he saved my life more times than I can count, and I guess he grew on me a little, something like fungus... They continued chattering endlessly, but I noticed we were approaching the palace. The sound of horns boomed through the streets, carriage stopped and someone opened the door for us. Adrian hopped down first, with surprising grace, followed by me and the rest of our companions. We quickly bowed to their majesties, welcoming us with warm smiles. The senior generals dragged them away, and my eyes hastily searched the ranks of nobility for that one familiar face. I noticed a slight commotion, and she appeared before me, with a wide proud smile. The lump of worry that formed in the pit of my stomach disappeared as her arms encircled me. She drew back, caressing my cheek with her gloved hand. Usually stern (E/C) eyes, much like my own, were now glistering . They went over every inch of my face, as if she tried to engrave it in her memory. A genuine, warm smile made its way onto my face as I held her hand with both of mine.

"Mother, I've returned."

"So you did, my brave heir."

Still holding her hand, I stepped back, gazing at her form I haven't seen in so long. I grew accustomed to her formal posture, it fitted perfectly with her long, elegant and graceful red dress, decorated with tiny jewels of various colors, that glistered on the sunlight. Around her neck she wore her treasured red ruby necklace, the last gift from my late father. In contrast to her dress, there was a proudly displayed purple flower, an Iris. Emblem of our house, representing virtues house strove for: Valor, faith, hope, wisdom and trust.  Her long (H/C) hair was styled in a sleek formal bun, even tho most would say it's 'simple', it completed her look in an elegant and stylish manner. With a chuckle she looped her hand through mine, striving gracefully towards the palace.