Shoyou Hinata x Uke! Short male reader

Requested by: @SilverPhantom12; thank you for your request, I hope you'll like it!

It was a beautiful summer day in Karasuno Highschool. The cloudless blue sky allowed the sun to shine in all it's brightness. Rays of light warmed the faces of young volleyball players that were sitting outside the gym. The whole club was there... Well, almost the whole club. As the dark-haired captain looked over his teammates he noticed that one particular orange energy ball was missing. The tilted his head as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.  Daichi looked over at Suga, who stood up from his seat to join him.

"He's late... Again."

Suga sighed, before gently placing his hands on the other male's shoulder, before gently rubbing them.

"It's fine, maybe he got caught up in something. You are too stressed over this Daichi, you have to relax."

The captain turned to look the silver-haired boy.

"Yeah...You are right, but this keeps on doing it. It's the third time in a row he's running late."

Before Suga could respond, Kageyama got up and pointed across the courtyard.

"Look!"

The whole team focused on the silhouette that was gradually growing as it got closer. After a few moments of silence, distant huffs were heard. Hinata suddenly appeared running towards the gym.  As he got there he bowed deeply, sweat dripping off of his forehead.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!"

Daichi shook his head in disappointment but before he could speak up the tall blonde already did. He clicked his tongue as he looked away.

"You are late again, why is this happening Hinata? What were you doing?"

The shorter male quickly started shuffling awkwardly averting his gaze from the rest fo the team, that was laser-focused on him.

"I... Um... I-I was doing my homework..."

Daichi raised an eyebrow.

"Three days in a row? Are you struggling with schoolwork? I'm sure Kageyama can help you wit-"

Before the captain could finish, he was cut off by the orange boy.

"No! I don't need help!"

Daichi and Suga exchanged a suspicious look.

"But you are struggling with homework."

"I didn't say that!"

Again, the captain was suspicious about Hinata's behavior. Suga wanted to press the boy with more questions, just as he opened his mouth to speak Daichi's hand shot up.

"Enough, we should start, we lost enough time already."

With that, the team got up as Hinata ran over to change into his practice outfit. The reemerged in the gym after a few minutes. After the warmup, Daichi observed the short orange teen as the spiked. Suga approached him.

"What's up?"

He shrugged.

"I don't know, but something's up, and he doesn't want to tell us."

Suga nodded, he had noticed too that something felt off. Hinata wasn't himself the previous day. 

"You know what let's ask Kageyama how is he acting in school. Then we will see what to do. Just stay calm okay."

Daichi nodded with a small smile on his face. The two players went back to the practice, but they hadn't stopped observing the younger boy. He seemed lost in his thoughts, he had a weird smile plastered on his face they haven't recognized. His smile was different, much different from his usual happy expression. Also, he seemed to be in deep thoughts with that smile as he often missed his jump timing, either being too late or not moving from where he stood at all. His eyes were also distant like he was looking at someone who wasn't there with adoration. After the practice ended they all headed home. As they walked Daichi pulled Kageyama out of Hinata's earshot, but he doubted that Hinata would pay attention to their conversation being so lost in his thoughts.