Wakatoshi Ushijima X Deaf Male Reader

Requested by: _im-just-tired_

Type: fluff

Title: Everyone deserves a happy ending

Third person POV:

The last bell rang and in an instant a crowd formed on the, beforehand abandoned, school entrance. For the regular students the week was over, Friday was their chance to relax and forget about their homeworks and other assignments, but for the diligent members of the volleyball club the day only began. A group of third years chatted while they approached the empty gymnasium, in the front of the small group was the stoic, intimidating and seemingly cold team captain, the one who made a name for himself in the school, Ushijima Wakatoshi. His mysterious olive eyes scanned the surrounding area as he was being flanked by another amazing third year volleyball player, the middle blocker Satori Tendou. The red haired male tilted his head as he observed his captain, who was looking in the distance and was ignoring everything his energetic friend said.

"Are you even listening? I'm telling you a great story!"

The tall boy pouted as he was ignored by his friend once again. This time he punched him lightly on the shoulder before he placed his head next to Ushijimas, they cheeks just inches apart.

"What are you looking at anyways?"

The captain turned to face his friend, but he backed away, just slightly startled when he noticed Tendo was so close.

"I don't recognise the boy that just went into the library."

The red haired male tilet his head again as he looked at the direction of the said building. It was pretty far away, and the mysterious figure was already nearing the front door of tge library. Tendou narrowed his eyes in an attempt to make the silhouette of a man just a bit clearer.

"How can you even see him?"

Ushijima lightly shaked his head before he continued to walk towards the gym.

"I saw him when we exited the school, it's obvious I can't see him now. Come on, the practice is about to start."

Tendou jogged up to his captain, but his eyebrows raised, as if he just remembered something.

"You should return the book you borrowed from the library last week, right?"

Ushijima just nodded, his calm and stoic face remained unchanged.

"Yes, I brought it with me. Thanks for the reminder, now let's go."

The sun was moving fast, and soon only the soft orange rays of setting sun were illuminating the large complex of buildings Shiratorizawa was. Among those numerous buildings the library was, with gymnasium and the dorms, one of the largest. Even tho many come to this prestigious academy through sports scholarships, every student is obliged to learn and fulfill their school duties. The door of the gym opened and again Ushijima and Tendou walked towards the doorm. On the crossroad of the paved paths, that went to every building in the complex, Ushijima stopped.

"I'll go to the library, you're tired you can go to the dorms without me."

Tendou nodded as he stretched his hands above his head.

"Alright, see you later then!"

Ushijima nodded and the pair parted ways. As he was walking towards the library he remembered what happened before practice, but he didn't pay much attention about it. The sliding glass door of the library opened quietly before him and he entered. He passed the front desk, bowing slightly to the kind elderly woman that was working, and he immediately entered the labyrinth of towering tall shelves filled with books. After about fifteen minutes he found the book he was looking for and he exited into the reading area. The peaceful and quiet atmosphere surrounded the large area of the library filled woth desks. Not many students were here at this hour on Friday, but one in particular caught the attention of the stoic captain.