[4]"Have fun my little queen"

"So Pete, are you staying at the compound tonight? I've missed most of my birthday so we should do something fun".

"Yea aunt May is working this evening so Tony came and picked me up. Yes! We should have a sleepover in the living room with the big tv and watch films!"

Peter stays at the compound whenever May works just like you do when dads are on missions. And then every weekend you have sleepovers here and play in the lab. Weekdays are usually spent looking forward to the compound trip.

"Ooh yea that's a great idea! I'm gonna ask if we can sleep over and skip school tomorrow to make up for today!"

You walk down the corridor chatting about the different films you want to watch later when bruce shouts from one of the rooms. "Y/n can you come in here for a second please". With Pete waiting in the hall you close the door.

"Hey so I've heard you feel a lot better already but i just wanted to talk to you. You really scared everyone today but mostly your dads. I haven't seen them like that in a while". His brows furrowed and he lowered his voice. "I know its harder for you to get hurt and you heal faster", speaking in almost a whisper now "but you can still die y/n. And i don't think any of us could cope if that happened. You need to be extra careful with your head for a while now so I think Tony and the others have thought up some ideas, they're waiting in the living room for you".

"Ok Bruce thank you", you hug him with a small smile on your face and leave.

"Come on Pete there's an intervention waiting for us in the living room"

Peter looks confused as he walks after you and into the living room where everyone is waiting.

Tony stands at the front of the room by the tv and beckons you both in. Steve and Bucky sat together on the edge of the sofa with Nat leaning against the arm rest and Sam sits on a dining room chair at the table.

You and Peter both eye up the giant bean bag on the floor and slowly walk towards it before scrambling to get there first.

You both fight silently for a full minute while everyone waits. Finally you give up and decide to share.

Tony looks unimpressed, "are you both done?" You reply with a small nod and he carries on.

"Ok so after the accident we have decided you need to be monitored for the next week. We've assigned each of us in shifts and one of us must always be with you so we can stop you from getting hurt".

"What! You can't watch me 24/7! Are you going to follow us to school aswel?!"

"No y/n, we're all going to allow you and Pete to stay home for the next week on the condition that you both do your work. One of us will help you". You and Pete go to the same academy, you don't have year groups so you both get the same work and you even get to do college classes which excites you.

Pete turns to you and you can see the excitement in his face. "This is going to be the best week ever y/n!! Mr stark we were also wondering if, because y/n has kind of missed her birthday, could we maybe have a sleepover in front of the big tv and watch films?"

They all look at each other having another mental conversation before Tony says, "yes I'll allow it but no snacks before dinner and you must sleep by 2. Oh and Sams on first watch. Good luck buddy".

Everyone leaves except for an exasperated looking Sam.

For a moment you don't really know what to do so you look over to Pete. He looks at you as if in thought before whispering something. You shake your head and whisper back. The entire time your new carer is waiting to see what you're going to say. Finally you and Pete both agree and speak up.

"Sam can we go play on the swing".

"No"

"Okkkkay then". Back to whispering it is as you both try and think of something you want to do. "Ooh yea can we make everyone dinner?"

Your shocked when he actually says yes, "but nothing sharper than a butter knife".

Excitedly, you hurry over to the kitchen with sam trailing behind, clearly thrilled to be babysitting. For the next hour you three cook a homemade spaghetti Bolognese, your favourite. Relaxing songs play and swim around the room whilst the food sizzles in the pan and the pasta bubbles. The smells of tomato and onion fill the area and makes your mouth water and stomach rumble.

Even though you're a rather hyperactive child you enjoy these solemn, genuine moments with your friends. You love the way you and Pete know what each other needs stepping out the way to let the other past, passing the spices, cutting the food. All without a word said, you both just know. That's the best thing about having a best friend, you don't even have to speak if you don't want but you still get on like nothings changed.

Eventually Steve walks in to see what you've been up to. "Hey how's my baby girl". He picks you up so your sat on his arm and the other wrapped around you. You put your arm over his shoulder so it dangles behind his back.

"Dad don't call me that in front of other people". Your cheeks flush red but you still smile and snuggle your head into his neck. You like when he says it really, it brings back memories from when you were little and he'd put you his shoulders after you just woke up, and hopped around the room, "good morning baby girl!" You smile at the memory as it fades and you're back in the kitchen.

"So what have you made for all of us? It smells delicious! So clearly Peter and Sam have done the cooking!". He thought he was hilarious as he let out a big belly laugh and covered his mouth.

It makes you grin and you can barely get your words out without laughing but you try and fight your corner anyway. "Hey!! I actually helped with a lot thank you!"

Still chuckling "I'm sorry baby I'm sure you did and i can't wait to eat it. I'll set up the table while you lot dish it up".

Everyone came for your birthday dinner today and sat around the table together. Except Thor but he's on a different planet so can't blame him. You sat down opposite your dads with peter on your left and Tony on your right. With Nat, Wanda, Sam, Bruce and Clint filling the other seats.

The whole dinner was spent chatting about your childhood and all the funny things you've done. Everyone had a different story to tell with each one making everyone laugh just as much as the last. Your whole body felt relaxed as it overflowed with joy at how much you loved your strange life.

Dinner eventually came to an end and Clint offered to wash up as he cleared all the empty plates. "Seeing as its your birthday princess".

"I think I'd rather be a queen", you grin.

Everyone laughs. "I think you'd be a great queen", says peter. "but May always says with great power comes great responsibility, we wouldn't have the time to hike through the woods to the treehouse if you were busy ruling!"

"That's true Pete, I think I'll wait until I'm older".

That sets everyone off again.

Peter laughs and says "what, when your my age?"

"Your only two years older!" You retort.

"Nah ah, it's basically three, I'm fifteen in three months!"

"Ok fine three then! Hey, can we go to the shops to get some snacks for the films?!"

Bucky walks around the table, "as long as Sam doesn't mind, he's still watching you", he kisses your head and mumbles into your hair, "have fun my little queen".

"Thanks dad"