[END]"So, what's next year?"

3 months later

It was nearing the end of the school year. You hadn't spent much time there this year but you went in for the final exams anyway. You and Pete had just finished the last ones and were waiting for Lila and cooper. They had passed every other test and just needed this one to move up next year. You nervously picked at the makeshift metal prosthetic Tony had made, as you waited.

The nightmares had stopped. After you woke up from the bullet incident you hadn't had a single one. It took a few days getting used to having one hand but everyone was around to help. You'd spent most of your time at the compound watching films and playing video games. Wanda went to Sarahs house often and they also came to the tower.
It had become a ritual that everyone came to one place for dinner on Friday evening and all the kids would have sleepovers on the weekend.

The door opened and kids started filing out. Some looked happy and others not so much.
When you saw them you ran over, "how did it go? Did you pass?"
They looked at each other before turning around the papers.
"Two big green ticks covered them".

"YESSSS!!!" Shouted Peter and you all jumped into a group hug.
"Your going to be with us next year! Now we have to go! Your last basketball game is soon and Sarah's saving us all seats!"

Running in to the big hall again, everyone was there. It was even busier than last time, but this time you were full of excitement.
"Hey Sarah!" You shouted, running up and sitting down with Lila and Peter following.

Everyone was so excited. This was the last game of the year. Both schools playing today had only lost 1 game this season so whoever won would be top of the table.

The game started and you cheered along with everyone else. The other team was very good and there was a few close calls but after the first quarter no one had scored.

Half way through the second the opposing team ran past everyone and scored. Then they did it again. Everyone booed and yelled, aggravated at the loss.

It got to the third quarter and some random kid scored twice setting the scores even.

There was only a few minutes left of the game. The other team dribbled around your team even making one of the kids fall before scoring. They were one point ahead.

They seemed to realise cooper was the best player and had been crowding him the entire game.
With 30 seconds left on the clock he finally managed to get the ball. Three of their players stood between him and the hoop. He swerved around one of them and was having trouble getting past the other two. He was still halfway up the court when the clock stated 5 seconds.

Without any other option he threw it as hard as he could. The buzzer started and the ball fell into the net.

The hall erupted in cheers and ran on to celebrate with the team.
Cooper was lifted into the air and everyone chanted his name. His face was red but he was laughing and smiling, waving over to you.

When they finally put him down he ran over looking really happy, "guys guess what?! The coach just said I've been offered different scholarships for colleges!!"

"What! That's amazing cooper!" Exclaimed Sarah, "what one will you go to?"
He just shrugged, "I dunno I've got years still until I decide, I'm not even gonna think about it now".

You all walked down the hallway talking about the best parts of the game when miss Court walked up.
"Heys guys! Remember you're all leaving early today for the bbq", she whispered.
Ever since finding out about your dads she's been in close contact with Tony. She keeps an eye out for all of you and makes sure you all have stuff you need. It's a lot easier now she knows everything, so she can really help.