[9]"Its rogers-BARNES, thank you"

"Haha, I beat you!" Boasted Peter, "that's 1-1 Rogers!"

"It's Rogers-BARNES thank you, and yea fine but I'm beating you in chemistry with Bruce later!"

Most of the avengers were oblivious to your little argument except for Bucky. who tried to hide his smile at you correcting Pete about your name.

And Bruce who looked a little on edge. It probably had something to do with you planning a competition in his lessons which had no obvious competition to it. "Um guys... my lesson doesn't have winners, how about whoever doesn't explode my lab wins?........ Yes?....... Please?"

This time everyone heard Bruce's not so subtle pleas and laughed, sending over their good lucks.

You felt bad so put him at ease, "ok fine first person to cause an explosion loses". He looked less pale so that was probably good, except when you walked past Pete you whispered in a half jokey tone, "I'm gonna sabotage your mixture when your not looking, better watch out". You smiled and skipped over to the table to wait for your lunch.

He stood in shock for a second before slowly walking to the sofa, not breaking eye contact, before mouthing "I think you need to watch out".

You both smirked at each other at the challenge.

You didn't break eye contact until Steve slid a plate in front of you. "What's going on?" He asked.

"Nothing dad, thank you". You looked away and started eating your sandwich.

He shrugged and sat at the end of the table.

No one said anything for a few minutes so you enjoyed your food and looked around the room. Over the other side, where Peter, Buck and the girls were sat, was a large living space with sofas and the big tv you watched birthday films on. In the same room up a single step was where you were sat at the table with Bruce and Steve. Just next to that was a small open Kitchen where Clint stood washing up talking to Tony.

"Hey baby girl, do you want another?" You looked up to see Steve pointing down at your plate.

"Yes please!" You said enthusiastically.

You pulled your knees up to your chest trying to get more comfortable on the wooden chair. Within a minute more food was put in front of you.

You picked it up and took a bite before mumbling your thanks with a full mouth.

Tony laughed and spoke mostly to himself, "I don't know how this kid eats so much, I mean she's tiny!" Bucky somehow heard from the sofa and shouted over, "yea we know we have to buy it all!"

This made the few in the kitchen chuckle. "Yea but!" you exclaimed already swallowing the last bit, "how else am I meant to power this brain? Maybe you need to eat some more Tony!" You laughed out loud at your own joke causing Bruce to laugh with you and your dad to put his head in his hands.

Tony, for the second time today, or rather this year, was speechless. He just turned around smiling, shaking his head.

You were still hungry so you picked up your plate and silently turned to Steve with big pleading eyes. "Fine y/n, I'm making you one more but that's it". He took the plate away and moments later replaced it with your third sandwich. "Thanks dad!"

By now everyone had finished their lunch and most were watching something on the tv. You finished your food feeling very tired so you crossed your arms on the table and rested your head.

Steve looked over to see you sleeping in your chair with your head on the table. He stood up smiling and collected your empty plate to put in the sink. Gently, he picked you up and walked over to Bucky, who was also sat watching the tv. Carefully lowering you down, Buck held his arms out to cradle you.