[41]"Ok... no more"

Steve pushed your pizza closer and took another bite of his own. The others now started arguing about something new but the two of you stayed out of it, not caring. Looking through the window, the sky looked almost dark by now and the silhouettes of the trees swayed slightly making you turn away with a funny feeling in your stomach.

"Come on y/n just one slice please" he tried again, but you shoved the plate away and made an annoyed sound, "ah!" Before turning your back on him.

The other three in the room went silent and glanced at you before turning back to their conversations. Every so often Bucky would look at Steve as if having a silent conversation on what to do next. The blonde decided to try again, "just one bite please y/n" he said pushing the plate forward again.
This time, you swiped the plate and the pizza off the table making it crash as it hit the floor. Everyone stopped again but this time to fully face you. As Bucky stood, Steve placed a hand on your shoulder, "hey, don't throw things on the floor".

You shoved his arm away and then as he began to get up you shoved his chest. He made a grunt noise and fell backwards tripping over his chair, landing on the floor.

"Ok... no more", said Bucky grabbing your shoulders and watching Steve dust off his jeans before he held out his hands in questioning. "What was that for?" He sighed, but you just stared back with pursed lips.

"Ok let's go" he said lifting you up, "Buck you can stay and finish your food, I'm done with mine anyway", and you both went back to the medbay.
"Yea, i think you should definitely stay tonight" said Bruce, breaking the silence.
"I think that's a good idea" agreed Bucky.

Steve walked around the quiet room still holding you whilst both your arms wrapped around his neck. "Just so you know, I fell on my butt", he said, surprisingly not sounding annoyed.
You squeezed him for a few seconds hoping he'd understand your apology. "Yea, yea. I bet you secretly thought it was funny though" he joked. "And you threw pizza on the floor, it's a good job your dad doesn't care and will eat it anyway" he chuckled.

"I think we should get some sleep, what do you think?" He didn't even wait for an answer before climbing back into the bed with you and kissing your forehead. "Try and go to sleep, I'll be here".

You fought it for a while, snapping your eyes open when they closed, but Steve gently stroked the side of your head, eventually sending you to sleep.
It was barely two hours later when the first nightmare hit. You woke up, shaking, to Steve's voice. "It's ok it was just a dream", he said quietly, holding you tight. "You're with me and dad", you glanced over to Bucky fast asleep in a small single bed next to yours, Bruce must have brought it in at some point.

"You're safe, try and go back to sleep", you shook your head and huffed. At that, Steve got up and brought you with him. He walked over to the window and looked out at the bright, full moon. Your head pressed into his chest and his hand rested on the back of your neck, slowly moving as you both looked out.

The gentle movements and the enticing glow of the moon made your eyes close and you went back to sleep.

It felt like only minutes as you woke up again gasping, but it must have been longer because this time Bucky was laying with you, whispering. "It's ok you're safe", you looked up at him, "I'm safe to".
You wiped your eyes and looked over to see Steve sleeping in the separate bed, "dads safe, everyone's safe".
Cautiously, you put your head down on his chest as you blinked away the sleep fog.

Bucky didn't say anything else for a few minutes hoping you would go back to sleep, but when he realised you wouldn't he leant over and grabbed the book. He read to you so quietly the words were barely audible.
It took over an hour before you closed your eyes again.