[7]"Good boy"

Half an hour later, as he usually did, Bucky woke up to check on you

Half an hour later, as he usually did, Bucky woke up to check on you. You were still snuggled up to Steve both fast asleep making light snoring sounds with each breath. Bucky noticed the slight red blush on Steve's cheeks in contrast to his pale face. His scruffy blonde hair covering his forehead. He needs a haircut. And those eyelashes. long, blond eyelashes. Resting on his cheeks.

His puffy lips slightly open resting on top of your head. Bucky laughed as he noticed you making the same expression. Lips parted making audible breathing sounds yet not quite a snore. You had similar bone structure and the same cheeky expressions but the dark eyelashes and deep, thinking eyes were all Buck.

He stared a few moments more at how relaxed you both looked until Steves eyes started to flutter before finally opening. The icy blue colour slowly appeared under his tired eyelids. He glanced down at you first making sure you were still asleep before lifting his head up to Bucky to see him awake and smiling. Both men lay there just staring, small smiles on their faces.

Steve spoke first in a horse whisper, "how long have you been awake?"

"Not long, only a couple minutes", he replied before smiling again.

"Buck?"

"Yea Steve".

"Do you think y/n should go to Tony and Bruce's lessons tomorrow with peter?" He asked, slightly worried.

Bucky thought for a moment before replying, "yea I suppose so. We have to get back to normal at some point and I think she'll be well enough by then. But still no training!"

"I agree, no training. We will wake her up in the morning and tell her then"

"Sounds like a plan", said Buck whilst he put his head back down next to you and held Steve's hand as they both drifted back off to sleep.

Steve woke up first as always so he decided to have a shower before waking up you or Bucky as he wasn't going for a run that morning. He took his time in the shower massaging the shampoo into his scalp and leaning into the warm water before turning it off and getting out. Putting on some joggers and a T-shirt he went to wake up Bucky. He leant over the sleeping man to put his hand on his forehead and gently pushing the hair away from his face. He'd had a haircut a few months ago so it was at that awkward length but Steve loved it. "Hey Buck. Babe. Time to wake up."

All he got in response was a quiet groan so he had to shake him slightly and speak in a harsher whisper. "Hey Buck! Bucky!" Still nothing so Steve spoke again real slow and over pronounced his words, "j a m e s  b a r n e s". Bucky groaned again but woke up this time "urggg what Steve".

This made Steve giggle slightly. He put his head on bucks and spoke quieter than before, "sorry babe its time to get up come on open your eyes". Bucky pulled Steves arms around him and spoke in a husky voice, "no five more minutes".

Steve tightened his arms around the man putting his smiling face to his ear, pressing small kisses between words. "No you need to get up now we're going to try and get y/n up remember?"