[40]"It's interesting...."

It was the next day, lunchtime, Pete had been dropped home and Tony was on the phone to Nat, Sam and Wanda. "How's the mission going?"
"I don't know Tony, nothings happened it really just seems like they're living a normal life" said Wanda.
"Yea we haven't noticed anything shady" added Sam.
Tony didn't want to risk anything, "well I'm going to ask you to stay longer, hydra is no joke. Do you know which of the men is Petrov?"
"No" answered Nat, "we've only been able to identify two of them so it's probably best we stay. How's everything back home?"

"It's interesting....", began tony, "not much has happened.. until yesterday when we got a call from the kids at school and y/n had a PTSD episode and we couldn't get her out of it and then she had a seizure and it wouldn't stop for awhile and she's been asleep since and we also found out she's been having nightmares that we didn't know about. But other than that everything's been breezy".

The line went silent until Wanda spoke, " WHAT?! Is she ok? Should we come home?"
"No no" assured Tony, "she should be waking up around now and all of Bruce's tests show good things. If I need to, I'll call you to come back but everything's fine here".
"We leave and straight away things go wrong" joked Sam to ease the tension.
"Seriously though, call and give us updates?" Said Nat.
"Of course I will. Now you three get back to the mission, find out which one Petrov is".

It was so bright. The light pierced through your closed eyelids making you groan. "She's awake!" You heard someone yell. A dull ache spread across your forehead making it harder to open your eyes. Once you finally did there were splotches everywhere so you had to take a moment to get used to the light.
"How do you feel y/n?" Bruce said suddenly appearing.

"Hhmmff" you replied, trying to look around the room. Your eyes landed on Steve who seemed to be keeping as much distance as he could to let Bruce work. But when you reached out your hand to him he was right there. "Hi baby girl are you feeling ok?" He asked worriedly but you just shrugged in return.
"Y/n do you know where you are?" Interrupted Bruce, you nodded annoyed with all the questions.
"Ok can you tell me what happened?" You buried your face into Steve's chest and ignored them.

"Is she ok?" You heard Him ask, followed by the sound of wheels.
"I'll do another scan to check" replied Bruce.
After a minute Bucky ran in with soaked hair, clearly he was in the middle of a shower, and came straight over. "You're awake! Are you ok? Is she ok?" He asked one after the other looking between you, Steve and Bruce.
"She should be fine, she hasn't said anything yet but the results are still good. There is no damage anywhere. She's probably just still tired and recovering so she'll stay here today and you should be able to go home tomorrow".
They thanked Bruce and sat on chairs beside you, talking about all sorts of things until you fell asleep a little while later.

You somehow found yourself in a dingy corridor. Actually it was a corridor at the compound, but the lights were off and it felt almost deserted. The lonely grey walls joined the dusty floor. You took a step and left footprints, some of the dust floated up and lingered around you.
It was completely silent, the kind that felt heavy on your ears and not even that high pitched ringing could break through.
You carefully stepped closer to the main room where the grey still covered everything. Your family stood around motionless. Sam sat in front of a black tv as if it was actually on. Steve stood in front of the sink as if he was doing the washing up. All of them scattered around but as still as statues.

But the air still felt empty. It shouldn't have in a room full of people. You walked over to Steve and tried to grab the edge of his shirt to get his attention, but before you could feel it in your hands he disappeared. You looked around and he was nowhere. The place he was just standing in left no disturbance in the layer of dust.
You walked over to Wanda who sat at the table, coffee cup directly in front. Reaching to tap her shoulder, but she was gone. The cup still remained but again, the dust on the chair looked as if it hadn't been touched in years.