[22]"oh stevie"

A few weeks went by very quickly and your routine stayed the same. You went to school all week occasionally taking classes on engineering science and coding and coming home to FaceTime your friends. Every weekend you would go to the compound and it would be the highlight of your week.

Right now it was a Monday lunchtime and you sat with your friends outside, cooper was still very popular but people seemed to leave him alone most of the time now.
"Guys are you going to the camp trip next week?" He asked excitedly. "Me and Lila are going"
Pete whipped his head around to you, "we have to go on this trip! Do you think we'll be allowed?"
"I hope so, Sarah you have to come with us so we'll all be there!"
Everyone murmured their agreement but she seemed unsure. "I don't know I've never been away from my mum she gets kind of worried".
"Trust me, my dad is the exact same, if he could come on the trip he would. If you want to come you should ask her and see what she says. Me and Pete don't even know if we're allowed yet".
She thought for a moment, "it does sound fun, I suppose I could ask".
Everyone wooped and high fived each other.

Later that day, when you got home, you walked into the living room where your dads were and stood in front of them. "Um, hi y/n, you look like you want to say something?"
"Yes. There's a trip next Tuesday camping in the middle of a forest. Except not in tents it's in little cabins. It's two hours away and it lasts four nights and I want to go, so please can I go?".
Bucky shifted and looked over to Steve who answered for him.
"What's the point in the trip?"
"To help with our environmental science unit"
"Ok and are your friends going?"
"Cooper and Lila are deffinately going, Sarah's going to ask her mum and Petes asking aunt may and Tony now".

He thought for a moment whilst Bucky stayed quiet. "I think we're going to need to call Tony and think about it, why don't you go upstairs".
You nodded and ran to your room FaceTiming Peter immediately.
"Pete!" You said as soon as his face popped up. "Have you asked yet?"
"Yea they said they were going to think about it".
"My dads said the same thing, they said they were going to call Tony, I really hope we get to go".
"I know it would be so fun!"

Back downstairs Bucky and Steve sat next to each other silently thinking. "What do we do?" Sighed Steve.
"I have no idea. It's scary but we can't say no to everything. Call Tony"
Luckily he picked up on the first ring. "Ah captain, soldier, I was just about to call. Has y/n asked if she can go on a trip next week? The kid has just asked us if he can go."
"Yes and we don't know what to say, what did you say to Peter?"
"I told him I would think about it, but they would get back the day of Petes birthday".
"Oh we told her the same thing. What are we thinking?"
"I don't know. Are they mature enough to keep quiet when we aren't around?"
"I wouldn't say mature, but I think if they're together it will be ok" said Bucky.
The others thought about it and agreed. "Ok then, I guess they're going camping".

A week later and you were sat in the car outside the school gates where Steve was fussing over you.
"Ok y/n do you have your sleeping bag?"
"Yep"
"Bug spray"
"Yep"
"Toothbrush"
"Daaad you watched me pack it and then checked three times. I have my toothbrush"
"I know, I'm sorry I just don't want you to forget anything" he reached into the back of the car from the drivers seat to squeeze you.
"I know dad. Don't worry I've packed loads of stuff and if I've forgotten anything my friends will have things I can borrow". 

He nodded and let Bucky lean over from the passenger seat to hug you. "I'm sorry we can't carry your things to the coach".
"It's ok, super soldier strength remember!"
He smiled and watched you open the back door and step out. "Bye! I love you both" you waved.
"Bye baby girl, love you"
"I love you to sweetheart, have fun".
And the door slammed shut.

Steve watched as you dragged your bag over to your friends and stepped on the coach with them. His leg bounced up and down repeatedly as he bit his nails.
Bucky gave him a sad smile and rested his hand on his moving knee trying to relax him. But the longer they sat there the more upset Steve became. He wouldn't look the other in the eye and he was dangerously close to letting the tears slip out.
Bucky moved his hand to Steve's chest and rubbed it firmly hoping to calm him down. He leant his head back against the head rest with his eyes scrunched shut.