[37]"Are you ok?"

Walking into the school today made your chest constrict, it was loud and uncomfortable with so many students. A girl right next to you screamed unnecessarily loud when a boy poked her, making you flinch slightly into Peter. He noticed and immediately grabbed your hand giving it gentle squeezes until you reached the classroom. "Are you ok?" He whispered.
"I'm fine" you said, walking to your seat without another word.
He sighed and went to his seat on the other side of the room. Throughout the whole lesson he tried to focus on your heartbeat, it was heavy and erratic the entire time making him worry even more. He was starting to wonder if he should just tell Mr Stark about the nightmares he saw or the fact there was something wrong now. He knew you wouldn't want him to but he decided, if you still hadn't said anything about it today, then he would say something to someone this evening.

Pete was trying so hard to hear your heartbeat he didn't realise it was the end of lesson until the sound of the bell shattered through the air. Because he was trying so hard to listen, the noise was incredibly loud and he threw his arms over his head. Once the daze had wore off he looked up and you had already left. He found the others and sat next to Sarah. "Where's y/n?"
He didn't answer for a moment unsure how much he should tell, "I guess she's spending break by herself again today. I think somethings wrong" he pinched his eyebrows together. "She won't say anything and it's like she's been panicking all morning. I think later I'm going to call Tony and tell him".
Pete saw them all nod and took a deep breath, "do you think she'll hate me?" His eyes looked sad as he turned to Lila. "I don't think she'll hate you. She probably won't want anyone knowing there's something wrong but at this point I think we just need to help her. She'll realise you did the right thing eventually".

He digested her words and slowly nodded, Lila was good in these situations so Pete decided she was right. He stood up, "I'm just going to make sure she's ok. I'll see you at lunch for the game!" Then he basically jumped on cooper, "good luck!" He yelled before running off.

First he checked the music rooms but they were silent and empty so he walked to the library. He couldn't see you in there either so he assumed if you were anywhere else it would be somewhere outside. He left through the closest door and began walking around the building, trudging through the slightly overgrown grass. And he saw you in the distance, sat on the fence. Instead of bothering you he sat on a bench hiding behind a concrete pillar and once again tried to listen for your heartbeat. It took a few tries because of the shouting that would occasionally come from a group of kids but eventually he got it. Like before, it was fast and would speed up for a few seconds every time someone made a loud noise.

He just sat there for the rest of break, keeping an eye on you from afar until the bell rang again. He watched you walk into the library and that's where you stayed until lunchtime.
Peter made his way through the crowd of excited kids, "we're gonna beat that other team so hard today they're gonna cheer with us when it's over!"
"I heard that cooper kid is so good, he's going to win it for us!"

He finally pushed through everyone to see Lila and Sarah. "Hey guys y/ns in the library I'm gonna go see if she's still coming".
They instantly started walking with him and waited near the door so he could talk to you.
"Hey y/n" he said gently, "are you coming to the basketball game? It's ok if you don't feel up to it, cooper wouldn't mind".
The gentleness in his voice annoyed you slightly but he was being so nice, so you shut the computer and smiled. "No I'm still coming".

The four of you walked into a very busy hall. It hadn't started yet so people were wondering around everywhere talking between each other. Kids coming and going through the large metal doors made you turn towards them. It was just like your dream, hundreds of kids waiting in the hall for armed men to come shooting through. You replayed it over and over again in your mind. The memories started to take over, kids screaming, shrieking.