[13]"Always, Sergeant"

The sun had almost set as the car pulled into the driveway of the tall three story house. Bucky looked over to the separate garage and noticed it had a brand new roof just as Stark had promised.

A large gap of grass surrounded either side of the house separating it from the others, leading round to the back garden which bordered the woods. You could actually get to the compound that way but you had only done it once and it took all day so it wasn't a common occurrence.

Steve gently lifted you from the car holding you carefully as he walked to the already open front door. Slowly, to make sure you didn't hit your head, he stepped through the doorway and began climbing to the third floor to your room. The cluttered room was fairly small with drawings and pictures covering the walls. Strange objects lined shelves in no discernible order and Lego structures hung from the ceiling making Steve duck every-time he passed one.

Finally reaching your bunk bed he leant down and placed you at the bottom pulling the duvet up. "Goodnight y/n" he whispered and dimmed the lights. It's not that you didn't like the dark, in fact sometimes it was comforting, but waking up in a daze not being able to see anything freaked you out.

The stairs creaked slightly with every step Steve took. He noticed all their bags by the front door that buck must have brought in. Carrying on to the kitchen he saw the other man sat on the stools by the counter drinking a glass of wine and listening to the record player. He sat down and picked up the second glass that sat waiting.

Steve slowly leant over so his head rested against the others shoulder. Bucky responded by placing his head over the blonds. They stayed like that for a long time completely silent. The dim orange lights from the living room slightly illuminated half of the kitchen causing large shadows up the walls. The gentle sounds of old music flowed through the two rooms as Steves eyes flickered shut.

The song came to a stop, and like before, a new one started. Bucky stirred at his favourite song and slowly stood up with a hand out. "May i have this dance Captain?" He asked softly.
"Always, Sergeant", replied Steve taking the hand and stepping towards him.

They both put hands on each other's hips with Steve pulled close into Bucky's chest. Their cheeks brushed against each other's as they started to sway to the rhythmic tune.

Steve let himself be pulled into Bucky, it was calm there wrapped in his arms listening to his favourite music. He rubbed the side of his head down until it rested on his shoulder and inhaled the scent. It still smelled of aftershave but also of grass and wine from the days events. He could feel the slight stubble poke his cleanly shaven face. Slowly, he brought his arms from Bucky's waist and tightly wrapped them around his back trying to get closer. The song and gentle movements nearly lulled him to sleep.

Bucky held Steve tighter after he'd snuggled in as he could feel his weight getting heavier, he'd probably fall asleep in a minute. He liked it though, him and Steve used to do this all the time in Brooklyn, in that tiny apartment. Of course he was much smaller then, Bucky loved it when the others face hid into his chest and he could wrap his arms all the way around Steve's shoulders. He wouldn't trade it back for the world though, Steve was healthy and they had a family here, they were accepted.

Eventually buck decided it was time to stop because he was holding up most of Steve's weight. "Come on Stevie lets go to bed, you have to be up early tomorrow". He just replied with an unhappy little noise and walked up stairs, still holding on tight.

'BEEP. BEEP. BEEP'. Your alarm went off at 7am startling you awake. The sun was streaming in through the window reflecting the exact opposite of your mood right now. Despite that though you still slunk out of bed without hitting snooze and went to have a shower as you still smelt of river water.