[39]"Higher dose!"

"Y/N?! Y/N?!" Bruce screamed but you shook harder. "She's convulsing Tony go get a cushion and put it under her head".

Clint ran over to the other three kids who were still in the room and blocked the scene with his body. "Let's go, come on Bruce needs space". He ushered them out practically pushing them when they were too slow.
"What's happening is she going to be ok?" Cooper looked up to his dad who nodded. "She's got Tony AND Bruce looking after her".

Bruce pulled at your shirt slightly so it wasn't as tight around your neck and made sure your head didn't fall off the pillow. "She's still not stopping we need to get her to the Medbay. Tony and Bucky, carefully pick her up together and try not to let her move too much". He noticed Steve's hands were shaking so just let him follow behind.

They practically threw you on the bed and some lady came from no where getting all the equipment Bruce was shouting for. Even Tony got lost when he started naming the long names of medicines. You were moving too much for an IV so Bruce was handed a syringe with a red liquid and injected it into the inside of your elbow.
He stepped back but a few moments later nothing had changed.
"Isn't that supposed to work?!" Said Tony worriedly.
"Sometimes it doesn't, we just have to find the right one", said Bruce but internally he was also worrying.
He tried again, now with a clear liquid and the same thing happened. "Higher dose!" He shouted to the lady who immediately prepared it.

Tony saw Steve standing there crying and Bucky who looked terrified as he held your shoulder so you wouldn't shake yourself out the bed.
He also noticed the worried look on the lady doctors face as she gave Bruce the third syringe. He knew nothing about medicine but he did know having to give one person three different injections was not good.

Bruce took a deep breath as he pushed the plunger again. He knew it wouldn't be good if this didn't work and he had no idea what it would do to your brain if you needed any more. He tensed and waited. Watching you continue to shake as his stomach did flips.
More time passed and the lady spoke, "we need to try something else, that hasn't worked".
"No! Just wait a bit longer!" Said Bruce accidentally letting the desperation slip.
Then suddenly you stopped.

They put a heart rate monitor on you and inserted an IV before taking some blood samples.
"Is she ok?" Bucky asked as a scanner was put in place over you.
It made a noise and the images were displayed on the screen.
"There is no obvious damage anywhere and as far as I can tell she will just need a massive sleep" Replied Bruce.
"Do you know what caused it?" Asked Tony.
Bruce sighed, "I'm not sure. My best guess is some kind of PTSD trauma response. A pretty bad one. I don't know what's caused it but it would explain what's been going on the past couple of weeks. She's going to be out until tomorrow minimum".

Steve sighed and fell into the chair next to you, suddenly exhausted now that you were safe. The dried tears on his cheeks quickly got overtaken by fresh ones as Bucky walked over and pulled him in. "She's ok Stevie" he whispered into his ear, "she's ok".
The two men stayed liked that whilst they watched Bruce clean the cuts on your face. They weren't as bad as they looked and you only needed one stitch on one of them.
Now clean, Steve scooted closer to hold your hand. His eyes got heavier and heavier until he gave in and put his head down.

Tony went straight to the room where Clint and the kids were waiting. As he opened the door everyone jumped up saying nothing as they waited for him to speak. "She's going to be ok and no you can't see her yet. She's sleeping".
The tension in everyone's shoulders melted away as they slumped down.
"When can we see her?" Asked Lila.
Tony thought about it, "I'm not sure. Probably not for a couple of days she needs a lot of rest".
They all nodded solemnly and Clint stood up, "ok kids I think we should go home, it's been a stressful day". He placed a hand on both his kids shoulders and carefully lead them out the room.
"Can we get pizza?" Cooper asked quietly. 
"Yes you can both have pizza, I'm very proud of you both" he said giving them each a kiss on the head and leaving.