5-1-0: Arizona State Sun Devils (Game 2)

After an emphatic performance last night, the Colgate Raiders return to Class Of 1965 Arena to finish the weekend series with Arizona State tonight in Hamilton. Carter Gylander and Ben Kraws matched zeros in the first period so, we'll skate to a scoreless, first intermission tie. With 18:53 left in the second period, Josh Becker scored to make it 1-0 Arizona State. With 16:31 left in the second period, Johnny Walker scored to make it 2-0 Sun Devils. With 11:31 left in the second period, Alex Young scored his first goal of the season to make it 2-1 Arizona State. Gylander and Kraws matched zeros for the remainder of the period so, 2-1 for the visitors from Tempe heading to the third period. With 14:24 left in the third period, Jeff Stewart scored his first goal of the season to tie the game 2-2. With 7:13 left in the third period, Tommy Bergsland scored his second goal of the season to make it 3-2 Colgate. With 2:45 left in the third period, Josh Doan scored to tie the game 3-3. Gylander and Kraws matched zeros for the remainder of regulation so, we'll play extra hockey because of a 3-3 tie between Colgate and Arizona State. With 4:37 left in overtime, Tim Theocharidis scored to win the game for Arizona State 4-3. Colgate dropped to 5-2-0 on the season.