Game 2: CLG Leads Series 1-0

After a thrilling win last night, the Colgate Raiders return to Class Of 1965 Arena looking to finish off the Yale University Bulldogs' season with a win tonight. With 6:28 left in the first period, Paul McAvoy scored his second goal of the season to make it 1-0 Colgate. Mitch Benson and Nathan Reid matched zeros for the remainder of the period so, 1-0 Colgate heading to the second period. With 16:48 left in the second period, Arnaud Vachon scored his sixth goal of the season to make it 2-0 Raiders. With 15:11 left in the second period, Dylan Herzog scored to make it 2-1 Hamiltonians. Benson and Reid matched zeros for the remainder of the period so, Colgate leads 2-1 heading to the second intermission. With 18:25 left in the third period, Griffin Lunn scored his eleventh goal of the season to make it 3-1 Colgate. With 2:05 left in the third period, Matt Verboon scored his seventh goal of the season, into an empty net to make it 4-1 Raiders. With 1:26 left in the third period, Ross Mitton scored his fourth goal of the season,into an empty net to make it 5-1 Hamiltonians! Mitch Benson finished off the Bulldogs and Colgate advances to the ECAC Hockey quarterfinals with a 5-1 win and a 2-0 series win over Yale!