Chapter Eleven

I go to buy milk after being spanked by the riding crop.

And a peculiar oddity happens while I'm out in the town.

I expected common sense to hit me to the point I potentially even drive, leaving all possessions behind, simply to escape the haunted mansion and the incubus left behind.

Instead my mind was geared in the complete opposite direction.

I wanted to go back to the Red Wing, as soon as possible!

I couldn't wait to see Claudius again!

After he punished me, I felt drawn toward his authority. He did it so well. This old fashioned, historic Lord – taming me. So dumb. But so hot. I was wet just thinking about the recent memory.

On my return, I basically sprint my way to the fridge in the stables, both gallons of milk jiggling as I run.

Then I skip back into the house, as the sun is starting to set, and I bite my lip as I look for Claudius.

But even as I walk around, I can't find him.

So I retire to my room. I work on my vlog and I go to sleep; unperturbed.

Strangely Claudius doesn't bother me again – so I guess it's because he wants me to rest my ass.

Afterall, he had a soft side for me.

****

Next Day

"Argh, fuck," I swear because my knees are killing me. I was cleaning the skirting boards and it involved a lot of shuffling on my knees and bending over to wipe the dust off with a rag and soapy water. I keep shuffling along wearing jeans, but even that thick material isn't proving much protection anymore, "...I know you're laughing at me..." I whisper, growling under my breath, after working up such a sweat.

I throw everything down and decide I need air.

I woke up to a simple note in the morning.

Time to clean the skirting boards. I want them done by noon. No breaks.

A simple request, and I was getting paid for it... but it was the last two words that just kept playing on my mind. No breaks. Claudius never made clauses about having work breaks before now. Why did he have to add that in?! Like I wasn't allowed to have a break, oh, fuck off.

I take my break now, after feeling so wanting and lonesome – wishing for his company... and it is the very moment he just stays away from me that he somehow manages to drive me more insane.

It's so annoying.

I pace the garden for fresh air, I sit by the roses and I breathe as I get my mojo back.

The moment I'm ready to continue, I stomp back to the house.

Only the entrance hall remained. I was almost done with the bottom floor.

I pick up my water bucket, soap and rag, and I walk to the hall, dropping everything as I get back down onto my knees.

I land on one knee, when the familiar cold air passes through me, and I feel him standing directly over me from behind.

Claudius speaks, like an overbearing manager, except his words are really something else.

"I want you naked when you clean the floor from now on," Fontaine isn't asking, "I said no rests. I want you compliant in everything. No more slip ups. You can't afford to be lazy in my time. You have to be more disciplined than that... Alix... undress for me," I pause too long, and I don't even look over my shoulder – but it's the hesitation that has his cold breath touching my ear in a warning, "Now."