Chapter Fourteen

The next day Claudius is in his office early in the morning, reading and writing letters and preparing to send them off. I've just put on my clean maid uniform, after receiving instructions from Margery that Claudius wanted me specifically this morning to bring him tea while he worked.

The whole Red Wing was on high alert with gossip after that order spread round, as his butler Quinn was usually on those duties. So this was a unique affair.

I myself wasn't so shocked though by the request, because I knew my Lord wanted to fuck me dead. And oh boy, after last night, I couldn't wait to fuck him too. I was mad in love with him and his wicked incubus cock that seemed to get hard over and over and over, needing to deprive, oh joy. I was wet already at the thought!

I head straight to Claudius' office, to say good morning first of all. I was excited to see him after last night.

I knock politely, enter and flamboyantly sway toward him, hands behind my back and a small cheeky smile on my lips.

"Good morning, Sir," I whisper the greeting, my tone husky with unresolved desire.

Fontaine is in the middle of working, and he notes my disposition with a small glance but does not acknowledge it directly or pay it any attention. I feel the blood rush up my neck at the thought of him being so composed himself after last night! Damn him!

"You remember last month, yes?" Claudius begins curtly, "After the wedding fell through, you remember that morning, when you destroyed the wine glasses I paid for with your witless hands? Well, I have some news –"

"Mm, yes, but my hands were not witless, damn, what a sentence –"

"Refrain from interrupting me, Alexandra," Claudius Fontaine cuts me off with a harsh reprimand, old fashioned and stern, he also takes immediate delight in how red that makes me blush. He is so in control with me, at home in his time, and now it is not a joke – because I am truly trapped with his true and real authority. He was no longer a ghost I can have my way with, and even now I am finding it hard to get used to him being real, nevertheless, I stay quiet and he continues, "You may have been informed, that wedding day was a rehearsal for the true date, which is tomorrow. I never cancelled the celebration, and all the guests are arriving today."

What an idiot!

"Are you serious? Aelia is gone, and you forgot to cancel the invitations to your own wedding?" now I'm aghast as he lets me respond, but I am shocked at his flippant forgetfulness. To this he just raises a brow, as I add, "How could you forget something so important, Claudius –"

"Sir or Fontaine will do just fine," Claudius reminds me too kindly, with a wicked look in his eye, "How could you forget such simple formality, are you daft? No. Just completely witless and only able to think about sex since you walked in here," my blush brightens but I purse my lips. All that bait and I was not going to fall for it, but ouch, that kinda hurt, but even so, he keeps going, "Are you flustered now," Fontaine waits for me to bite, and is amused that I try to refrain so hard from reacting, "Or are you simply inclined to forget simple things also... brat?"

"Forget what – you're the one who forgot to send out cancellations," I snap back now.

Claudius finishes scribbling a letter and lays down his pen, holding his chin and reading over the letter slowly, making me wait, before his eyes graze over the desk and hop back up to mine, "Where's my tea?"

I had come to say hello and good morning first, but I had not brought the tea in just yet.

I open my mouth, my blush turning from red to pink with embarrassment, "Oh," I quickly turn around and rush out, preparing to get what I was called for.