The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Seven

Alix's POV

Next Day : King's Green Range

I don't tell Fontaine that I always thought golf was insufferably boring. However, luckily I don't have to be bored out of my wits as Tiffany keeps me company while we watch over the golf course from an open air café, with large umbrellas giving us some shade while our husbands play together on the course.

I'm dressed in a red maxi dress Isela let me borrow for today. Tiffany is dressed in an elegant light pink dress that flares out from her waist with fashionable frills and ends at her knees. Her rose-gold wedding ring glitters in a ray of sunshine as she sips her coffee and eyes Rudolph's next swing. They're far away but we can see them playing toward each hole.

The King's Green Range was pretty empty today, so it's just us and one or two other people wandering about.

"Were you advised of today's special arrangement between our Doms and us?" Tiffany asks me after first speaking of the weather earlier. It was haphazard, cloudy then sunshine then cloudy then rain then more sun. The direct sun would hurt a vampire's skin and burn their eyes over a prolonged period of time so Tiffany was keeping as much as she could to the shade.

"Something about swapping," I sip my lemon-grass and ginger tea as Tiffany smiles and nods.

"Oh, yes. I will always love Rudy and his way," Tiffany chews on her lip as she side-eyes me, "It never gets old – being led around. I've met others who don't understand me and think it's humiliating... but it's not that I'm disempowered, I feel incredible being able to entrust my body completely to my husband. It's also fun. You must understand since you love Claudius."

"I do, besides, kinky sex is way more fun..." I go from smiling to instantly frowning and glaring out over the course to watch my husband. Claudius swings his club and then shoots me a look, as if sensing my immediate stare, he locks eyes with me and it's like he's just patiently playing each hole back towards me, "...smug demon..." I growl under my breath, "...I miss him..." I blurt the words spontaneously, thinking of the ghost he once was. When I didn't know he wanted to kill me.

"You can't have sex, can you..." Tiffany approaches the topic gently.

"It's driving us both crazy, Tiff," I admit this openly, almost spilling my tea as I plonk it down too quickly, "He's grumpy and I'm constantly begging him and he's always denying me."

"But his sex will kill you, Alexandra," Tiffany frowns, "I've been advised to tell you the steps of the plan Rudy and Claudius have been working on together. You can be Turned. To vampire, witch or succubus. But Claudius wants you to consider each option very carefully."

"I enjoyed being a succubus," I immediately bite on that, "I've asked him to Turn me but –"

"It's not wise. The price is greater," Tiffany shakes her head at me, "You may prefer to be a vampire – that is why Rudy is going to treat you today to show you what it's like, while Claudius releases some frustration with me. Don't worry, we'll all be together," Tiffany fans her face with a napkin for a moment as she reclines back, "...oh how my thoughts get carried away... I have to focus... you may also prefer to be a witch. Claudius will organise a day where Pearly and Isela show you what that's like. But do you want to know my honest opinion about your beloved?"

"What?" I'm curious, she's been around Claudius for centuries, in some ways she'll know him better than me.

"He doesn't want to Turn you at all," Tiffany blinks my way, "His love for you outweighs his lust for you now. Didn't you know."

My eyes slowly widen.

That actually makes perfect sense.

"But we will never..." I trail off.