The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter One

Claudius Fontaine drives me in his Rolls Royce to his second property.

I sit in the driver's side, as we pull into the cobble driveway, surrounded by massive trees and a dark green garden. It's so lush and dense that it's like we're entering another world. We are completely surrounded by mountain peaks and just ahead, I see what his second property looks like.

My jaw drops.

When he said we were going for a drive to the mountains, I assumed we were going to a log cabin, something cozy. A nice surprise.

I was not expecting this. Although I guess I should have!

"You had a second mansion this whole time, Fontaine?!" I gasp, raising my brows as I lean forward and gaze up at the massive structure.

It's old but it's taken care of. It's grand and a bright pearly white with two floors and pillars lining the front porch. I spot a quadruple garage and staff. I see multiple gardeners pruning and watering everything.

"I moved on from the Red Wing centuries ago, Alix. We all move from the place we grew up. I built in the Ruben Mountains, in the valley," and it was just a 40 minute drive out of Clue!

"What's this one called?" I wonder.

"The Pearl-Wing – my mother always loved pearls, so it's named after her," Fontaine murmurs fondly in memory, "...and my little sisters..."

As he trails off at that point, I notice at the double front-doors two familiar faces from two women who just jumped out wearing gorgeous fashion, white and yellow dresses with cute little hats. I see one has long blonde hair, Isela and the other has styled back brunette waves, Pearly, both sisters, all grown up. They grin and run down the steps at the sight of their brother's Rolls Royce.

"Your sisters are alive too," I gasp in excitement.

"Witch-shit," Claudius rolls his eyes, and I laugh as we roll closer to the front where Isela and Pearly are looking right at me, gaping at my appearance.

"Witches exist too?" I ask, not waiting for Claudius to answer me as I jump out of the car and I run to his sisters. I can't contain myself. I heard him snapping at me not to jump out while the car was moving but I was too damn excited.

"Hey!" I scream out, emotional to see them here. They were only kids when I first met them!

"Alexandra," Isela embraces me in a hug first and then I jump to the side to hug Pearly too. They're taller than me!

I stand back and look them over, as they do the same to me.

To be fair I think they are slightly aghast at my own fashion, ripped jeans and the pink top in need of a clean.

"It's so good to see you both!" I exclaim, clasping my hands together.

"What a pleasant surprise," Pearly holds a hand over her heart, "Claudius will be so thrilled."

"To have his wife back, of course!" Isela grins and I purse my lips.

I nod and Fontaine has parked on the side of us, jumping out and grabbing his sister's attention.

"About time you visited your own home," Pearly pretends to sound annoyed with him, "Welcome back."

"Yes, about time you visited the best sisters in the world," Isela flicks her hair back and Claudius is looking stern but can't keep in the warm smile when he gets closer and they both give him a quick hug before flouncing back.

"What's the point living in a mansion without a wife?" Claudius jokes around, as he glares toward me. He's dressed in another fancy suit, dark grey with a white tie. His leather gloves are back on, although he peculiarly takes off one and pockets it.