The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Nine

Claudius' POV

Oh, Alix – poor thing forgets how long I've lived, learning mannerisms and even the slightest change in expressions when someone is thinking of deviance.

As an incubus, one of the most powerful demons – because my touch literally stole souls to feed the immortality that kept me alive – I understood I was evil. And I was mean.

I did unspeakable things to maintain my youth, just to live forever. A competitive part of my nature made me lust to outwit the restricted dimensions of life itself. But I had no issue being like this, none at all.

Alix had issues with me... all completely understandable, given the predicament she was in. Of course I could just Turn her into an succubus again, listen to her beg for that, to be equal with me – to be able to enjoy eternity together.

But she was a virgin. I wonder if she forgot why she was off-limits. I could lose my powers if I had sex with her. Incubi needed the desire and lust levels of their victims to be maxed out, otherwise the demonic powers faltered. We could do the deed... and if it was true love, then I wouldn't lose my powers. But how could I know how she truly felt about me? That involved faith.

I have refrained from giving her too much information.

I wanted to take it slow but she was trying to control the situation and leap ahead of me.

Also understandable – she was still young and immature.

I wanted to see how she'd cope with Rudy and if she'd enjoy his affections or not.

There was just one little problem. I didn't want her to enjoy him too much. And what I've witnessed today at the King's Green Range is the way she submits instantly to my best friend and vampire. Even with the wife swap, I'm mad about it.

Including the fact Alix is obviously planning to do something stupid and I can't figure out what it is.

It's all pushing me to reveal all sooner to her than I would have anticipated. But I shot myself in the foot by keeping her too much in the dark. I had to remedy this. I couldn't keep her at arm's length any longer.

The reason Rudy had her well behaved was he didn't dance around the commands.

I can't believe I've lost my tight leash on Alix because of my own insecurity.

I instantly blame it on Aelia leaving me and not wanting to marry me. It left trust issues that scarred me forever.

I was too afraid to seduce Alix now, too afraid to take her virginity, because if she didn't feel that way about me completely, with every fibre of her being, if she didn't love me utterly without my demonic' threads manipulating her – I'd not only lose my immortality but her life too.

How embarrassing, how much I wanted this woman to love me with all she had. And that I didn't have the confidence to find out – if centuries were wasted or not.

But I'm glad I asked Rudy to come today, I had been preparing to allow him to take her virginity but... I'm regretting that cowardice. Deeply.

I'm deeply jealous by my own making, as we walk toward our cars in the parking lot.

I slip my hand from Tiffany and I approach Alix, as she walks side by side with Rudy just in front of us.

I cough to get their attention, "Hey. Change of plans," I murmur behind both their shoulders.

Rudy stops walking and turns to me, a knowing look in his black-red tinged vampire eyes. He raises a brow, "My friend, what's changed?"

"Alix and I have urgent business to take care of," I explain to Rudy and he immediately nods, taking out his keys and opening his own Rolls Royce while asking for Tiff. She rounds us, her hand on her lips as her eyes glitter with realisation that I couldn't handle the swap. Me. The head Dom in the whole group we had. I was losing control.