•11•

I walked out of my closet to see Ace in black sweatpants with no shirt. I furrowed my eye brows.

"Where's your shirt?"

He looked at me and shrugged.

"I don't feel like wearing one."

I giggled.

"What about me? How do I look?"

I started spinning around with my arms in the air on my tippy toes.

"You look good."

He shrugged. I pouted and patted my tummy.

"I'm hungry. Let's go eat."

I grabbed his hand and we both ran downstairs. When we entered the kitchen, esme had just placed two plates of pancakes on the table. We sat down and started eating.

Ace's POV

Anastasia and I were talking about random things while eating our breakfast, when Jasper, Alice and Jason walked in.

I rolled my eyes and looked down at my plate, continuing to eat in silence. After what happened two days ago, I've been avoiding Alice and Jason. I hate how they think that they can control me.

Anastasia forgave Jasper quickly, but she's been with him since she was a baby. I've only known Alice and Jason for a little while, I'm not fully comfortable with them. Especially, Alice, she's too weird for me.

Jason is... okay I guess. I can't believe that I'm interested in guys. I never imagined myself to be gay, though I've only liked this one girl when I was 3.

Jason is very dominant, and is usually the one to tell me to be and act a certain way. I wish it was just me and my sister forever, no Jasper or Alice and Jason.

"What are you guys doing?" Alice said cheerily.

She ran behind me and placed her hands on my bare shoulders, causing me to shrug it off. I hate how she gets so touchy.

"Where's you shirt?" Jason asked me.

"None of your business."

I groaned and stabbed my fork into my pancake.

"Don't give me attitude, little boy!" Jason said sternly.

"Who are you to command me?"

I raised my voice at him. I saw his fists tighten.

"Remember what happened the last time you disobeyed me?" He rhetorically asked.

I shifted a little, remembering the hard slaps he gave me on my bum. I slammed my hands on the table and got up. I started walking out of the room.

"I wish I had different mates." I mumbled.

I heard Alice gasp behind me. Usually, I would feel guilty for making someone feel hurt. But I feel like nothing happened.

I went into the living room and saw Emmet playing video games. I sat on the floor next to the couch and picked up a controller.

"Can I play with you?" I asked him.

"Sure. Jason just told me to say no to you, but I feel you. Sometimes you need a break from your mates."

I groaned.

"They aren't my mates. I thought they were, but I was mistaken. I feel nothing for them, I don't even feel guilty."

We started playing Mortal Combat. Emmet winning 2 out of 3 rounds. I sighed annoyed.