•14•

Jaspers POV

"You need to remember Jasper, she's 5. I know she acts a lot older than she really is, but sometimes she's just gonna throw a fit or give attitude. She's just going through those stages every kid goes through, and we have to accept it and let it happen." Carlisle said.

"I know Carlisle. What I did was uncalled for. Especially, that last hit. It's just, I've been so stressed with this whole newborn attack thing.

Memories are coming back and I'm getting pissed off with the fact that I have to sacrifice myself for some clumsy human. It was Edwards fault for bringing her, we told him not to." I said.

Carlisle nodded and unfolded his arms. He got up from his desk and walked to me. He pat me on the shoulder.

"Jasper, if it was Anastasia, you would have done the same thing. We all would have. It was a mistake and as a family, we help and protect each other. You will come back to Anastasia, I'm confident in that." He said.

He then walked out of his office. I stood here and thought everything through. I feel like Carlisle is underestimating this whole newborn attack.

Newborns are harder to fight, because they have no control. All they think about is blood. That's all they crave for. So if they have to fight for it, they will go all out.

I just hope I'll be strong enough to come back to Anastasia.

Anastasia's POV

"Remember, if we aren't-" Papa was cut off.

"Back by 12:30 we get our stuff and run through the woods to the packs side of the treaty, where we can ask them to drive us to Seattle and take a plane ticket to Italy to stay with the Volturi who will protect us. Got it." Ace said.

Papa gave a stern look to Ace and I.

"Not a minute later than 12:30. Promise?"

"Promise." Ace and I said in synch.

Papa nodded and gave us one last big hug, before joining the others and running to the clearing. Bella and Edward already left last night, so they can cover their scents with the snow storm.

I used my telekinesis to lock all the doors and windows. Ace and I went into the living room and put 'Wreck it Ralph' on. We were eating the sandwiches that Mama made us.

——

Ace looked at the clock nervously.

12:00

Ace grabbed onto my hand and caressed the back of it with his thumb to calm himself down.

"They'll make it." I said.

"How do you know?" He asked.

I gave him the 'seriously' look.

"I've seen it of course. Do you really think I would let Jasper go if he were to die. Your funny. They'll be here at exactly 12:26." I said.

Ace nodded and laid down. I crawled on top of him and laid my head on his chest. He stroked my head.

"So you wouldn't stop Alice and Jason?" He asked.

I lifted my head up with a huge smile.

"Oh? Have you finally accepted them as your mates?" I teased.

He blushed and flicked my nose.

"We are happy now. I just hope they come back." He said.

"They will, I've seen it." I said.

He rolled his eyes and flicked my nose again, causing me to whine and flick his nose back.

"Ow!" He said while cupping his nose.

"Well don't do it to me." I said.

"Okay, okay. Sorry."

I smiled and laid my head on his chest again.

"I forgive you."

We continued watching 'Sleeping Beauty'. Soon I felt my eye lids getting heavier. I felt so tired, just from watching Aurora sleep. I drifted off and knew Ace did too by his breathing that softened out.

——

Jaspers POV

I rushed home after the Volturi left. The others right behind me. As I walked into the house, I heard the T.V on and went to the living room.

I saw Anastasia and Ace sleeping together. 'Sleeping Beauty' was on. I groaned and went to pick up Anastasia. I pulled her close to my chest as she stirred.

I purred and caressed her cheek, causing her to fall back to sleep. Jason picked up Ace and cradled him before kissing his face. Alice hugging the both of them. I kissed the bridge of Anastasia's nose.

The others joined in the living room. Carlisle sighed and shook his head.

"These two are unbelievable. It's 12:30 now and they are sleeping. They're lucky that we won." He said.

Rosalie snorted.

"Please, Anastasia knew that we would win. Why do you think she is peacefully sleeping. Besides, if she knew we would die, she would stop Jasper from going." She said.

Emmet looked at her weirdly.

"You mean she would stop 'us' from going." He said.

Rosalie shook her head.

"Nope, just Jasper. I mean, someone has to help Edward and Bella with... Well, Edward and Bella's problem." She said.

I chuckled and continued kissing all over her face, causing her eyes to open slowly and smile.

"Jasper." She said in her adorable little voice. "Your back."

"Yes, and I want to know why you were sleeping instead of getting ready to leave."

"I knew you were going to be okay, of course." She giggled.

I chuckled. I walked upstairs to my room and sat her on the bed. I then kneeled before her and held her hands in mine.

"I wanted to let you know that I really, truly am sorry for hurting you badly yesterday. I wish I could go back in time and take it back, but unfortunately I can't. Forgive me?"

She smiled widely and wrapped her little arms around my neck.

"Of course I forgive you! I can never stay angry at you for too long!"

I wrapped my arms around her waist and smiled into her shoulder.

"Thank you." I whispered.