•18•

Jasper's POV

I listened to her cry through the bathroom door. I leaned against it, my non beating heart aching. It's my fault that she's miserable. She was right when she said that I could make her even more miserable.

But I don't think she knows that her being miserable makes me hurt 10x more. Me being an empath makes it worse. I can feel her emotions and I can see it. It's all because of me.

These last few weeks, I have been avoiding her and letting her experience how sour this family is on her own. Usually I am comforting her, and she forgets.

I watched her get yelled at by Edward and Jacob. I watched her be blamed for everything. I watched her tear up. I watched her force herself to be something that she doesn't want to be yet....

And I listened to her cries. I listened to her little sobs.

That's the problem. I watched and listened and didn't do anything to stop or prevent it from ever happening again. I let my little girl down.

Here I am, still listening. Only this time, she knows I'm listening. This time, I'm showing her how much I want to comfort her and hug her tightly.

God, how much I want to hug her little frame close to my chest and hide her from this cruel world. But how can I hide her from a cruel world when I myself am cruel. I'm a monster. I'm the reason why she is crying in the bathroom all alone.

I got up and went to her suitcases and bags. I'm not letting her leave. Not now, not ever. I will make it right again. No matter what I will make it right.

I unpacked her stuff and put them back to where they were before. When I opened her draw to place her stuff in, I saw a picture of me and her together. I was holding her little three year old frame and she had the biggest smile on her face as I swung her around and hugged her tightly.

Even I had a huge smile on my face.

I picked the photo up and brought it close to my chest. Close to my heart that ached even more. I let out a strangled dry sob and ran to the bathroom door. I banged on it.

"Anastasia! Open up! Please, open up!" I yelled.

I didn't get a response. I banged harder onto the door.

"Anastasia!! Please, baby. Open the door for me. I'm sorry. I regret everything what I did, I will never do it again, okay? I promise. I swear, just.... Open the door for me please." I begged.

I heard shuffling around and the door opened. I looked down to her tiny little body. She had red puffy eyes, her fringe was damp from the tears and was all messy. Her lips were swollen from the amount of times she bit them to keep her sobs in.

I fell to my knees and opened my arms. She shook her head and walked passed me. My arms fell to my sides. I got up and followed her downstairs.

She went to where the others were. They were all sitting in the couches, looking at her with guilt.

"When do I go?" She asked.

"Your not going." I said.

I placed my hand on her shoulder but she smacked it off.

"The plane leaves tonight." Carlisle said.

"She's not leaving, Carlisle!" I said with a deadly tone.

"Jasper-"

I zoned out. I felt something that I haven't felt in a long time. Darkness filled my insides. I could feel my eyes go darker. I felt like someone was taking over my body. That can only mean one thing.

Major is taking over

Then, I blacked out.

Major's POV

I growled loudly and picked Anastasia up. I held her close to my chest and nuzzled my head in the crook of her neck. I inhaled her heavenly scent and pecked her neck softly.

She didn't even move. In fact, she slowly started to hug me back. Her cute little arms wrapped around my neck and she tucked her head in the crook of my neck. I could feel her tears fall onto my skin.

"She's not leaving and that's final." I said with dark and firm voice.

All of their heads bowed in submission. I growled lowly as a warning.

"Yes, Major." Carlisle mumbled.

"You should know better than to take my mate from me. Fools." I growled at them.

They were trembling.

"B-b-but m-Major, Jasper s-said he wanted to w-wait until she's o-o-older." Rosalie stuttered.

I growled at her and took one step forward, causing her to fall back in fear. She landed on the couch, but her form was still trembling.

"Jasper is a fool! How dare he think that he could just treat our little mate like that. I gave him time to fix things, but he didn't. Now he can stay in that little cave that I stay in when he's in control. I'll be taking over for a while. Maybe even... forever." I said with a smirk.

I looked down to my little girl and hugged her tighter. I kissed her temple and rubbed her back soothingly.

"How would you like that, little girl?" I said, my southern accent thickening even more.

She untucked her head from my neck and looked at me. She smiled slightly and nodded her head.

"Will you protect me?" She asked softly,

"Of course I will, darlin'. I will make you happy all the time and protect you from everything."

She smiled. Tears welled in her eyes as she smiled looking into my eyes. She let out a tiny sob that made my heart ache.

"What's wrong?" I asked her softly.

She shook her head and hugged me tightly. She sobbed into my neck.

I ran to my room and locked the door. I sat on the bed with her still in my arms.

"Anastasia. Tell me what wrong." I said.

She sobbed.

"I haven't felt so h-happy and safe a-and loved I-in so l-long." She said through her sobs.

My heart ached so much that I had to place my hand on my chest to somehow relieve the ache. She noticed and placed her hand over mine.

"I had to do this a lot over the past few weeks. It hurts." She said and pointed to the middle of her chest.

I pulled her closer to me. I kissed all over her face.

"I love my little girl. I don't ever want to see you sad again." I said to her with so much love.

"I love you too, Major. I missed you." She said.

I laid down on the bed, slipping our shoes off and pulling the blanket over us. She was laying on my chest and I rubbed shapes on her back with my thumb.

"I missed you too." I said.

I kissed her nose as her eyes closed and she dozed off to sleep. She looks so peaceful. I don't want her to go through that again. Screw Jasper.