•17•

As I said, Alice had a vision and told everyone about it. Edward and Bella are back. They've been back for a while.

Bella's stomach is a lot bigger now, and it's covered in bruises. Her form is smaller, besides the bump, everywhere else you can see her bones. Her hair looked oily and her voice became so sickly.

I was standing and leaning against the wall. Ace was standing in between his two mates. Jasper was standing near Emmet and Edward. Bella was sitting with Rosalie next to her on the couch. We were all waiting for Jacob to come.

"Anastasia."

I looked up to Bella and walked over to her quickly.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"Want to feel the baby."

She had a small smile on. I hesitantly nodded. I didn't actually want to, I just said yes in case she gets upset if I say no.

She grabbed my hand and placed it on her stomach. I could feel the baby moving inside her, I can also feel it feeding off of Bella. It was like I could feel Bella grow weak.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I took my hand off her stomach and went back to the wall that I was leaning on before.

"Jake, is that you?" Bella asked.

Rosalie stood up as Jacob graced us with his presence. He looked around to everyone. Rosalie's arms were folded, shielding Bella so that Jacob could only see half of her face.

"I'm glad you came." Bella said.

Jacob stepped forward to go to her. Rosalie stood in-front of him.

"Close enough."

"What's your problem?"

"Rose, it's okay."

Rosalie looked Jacob up and down before allowing him to walk passed her. He sat down on the coffee table in front of Bella.

"You look terrible."

"Yeah, it's nice to see you, too."

He nodded slowly.

"So you gonna tell me what's wrong with you?"

Bella chuckled and looked down.

"Rose, you wanna help me up?"

Rosalie was by her side instantly and helped her stand up. The blanket slipped off of her stomach and your could see all the bruises on Bella's stomach since her shirt was up.

Everyone tensed at the sight of it. She quickly pulled her shirt down and sighed. Jacob looked her up and down, then turned his gaze to Edward.

"You did this!"

Jacob walked over to Edward, about to attack but was stopped by Emmet.

"We didn't know it was even possible." Edward said.

"What is it?"

"I'm not sure. Ultrasounds and needles won't penetrate the embryonic sac." Papa said.

"I can't see it, either. And I can't see Bella's future anymore." Alice said.

"We've been researching legends, but there isn't much to go on. What we do know is that it's strong. And fast-growing." Papa said.

"Why haven't you done anything? Take it out of her!" Jacob started to raise his voice.

"This is none of your business, dog." Rosalie said.

"Rose! All this fighting isn't good for Bella." Mama said sternly.