Chapter 13 ~ The Pussycats

Hi everyone! I'm going to try and make this chapter longer than the last. I'm so excited to start getting into the Forest Training Camp arc! I've been rewatching these older episodes to refresh my memory since it's been such a long time and I'm finally ready to get going on this next chapter.

In this chapter there will be talk about cancer right from the start so if you would like to skip I will indicated when that specific part is over. It won't be long.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All Might POV

"No no, don't worry Mei, your written exams were well over the average. And with your situation now it is completely understandable. You will still be able to participate in our training camp." I listened as Mei apologized and thanked me once again. "Now, get some rest and spend some time with your mother." I heard a small sigh through the phone before Mei said her goodbyes and hung up the phone. Letting out a breath of air I rested my head in my hands.

"Dear God please help that poor family"

{TW: Cancer}

Mei POV

As I hung up the phone I felt the knot in my throat swell even more before I let out a quiet gasp and leaned against the bathroom sink. Forcing myself to stand tall I wiped the few tears that managed to escape and splashed cold water on my face. "Everything is going to be fine. It's gonna be fine" I said to myself as I wiped the water off my face and left the bathroom.

Once I made it back to my mothers hospital room I took a big breath in and out before entering. My mom looked up at me and raised her eyebrows. "So? What did he say?" I gave a small smile and sat in the chair next to her bed. "He said given my circumstances I can skip the practical exam and still go to the summer training camp", my mom smiled and clapped her hands together, "That's amazing! You won't miss out on anything then!" I nodded slightly and looked at the ground. "What?" my mom asked as she tilted her head. I looked at her then back at the ground, my mom gave my shoulder a little shove and gestured with her hand to 'go on'. I looked up at her, "I'm not going if you're still in the hospital". Mom furrowed her brows and and gave me a small smack on the of my head, "ouch! What was that fo-" she cut me off, "of course you are!" I shook my head "No, not when you-" she cut me off again, "You're going no matter what. I'm not going to let you give up on you're dream because of me" I looked at her and went to speak again when she continued. "Besides, I'll be here, surrounded by doctors and Yui will be here with me too!" I sighed and looked at her worryingly. "Don't worry Mei, it'll be alright." I sighed and rest my head on her lap. "Fine" She smiled and laid her head back. "Good girl."

Time Skip: A few days later

Mei POV

I was in the cafeteria grabbing some food when my phone began to ring. "Hello?" I heard an excited gasp come through the phone, "Hi Mei! How are you?" Uraraka said followed by a few other hellos though I wasn't able to tell who exactly. I smiled, "Hey! I'm alright. How have you guys been?" She stayed silent for a moment, "We've all been good!" I smiled slightly, "I'm glad to hear it." Uraraka began to fill me in on how the practical exams went and how they all got together to buy some things before the training camp started. "I was wondering if you wanted to come? If not I totally understand!" I sighed, "Thank you, but I'll probably stay and visit my mom. I want to visit with her a bit more before we leave for the week" I could hear her nod through the phone, "of course! Did you want me to pick you up anything? New clothes? Sunscreen?" I chuckled slightly, "No, no I'm okay but thank you!" Urakaka was silent again for a moment and then hummed, "mmmm no I'm still gonna buy you something, I already see some clothes that would look super cute on you!!" Before I could protest she began to speak again, "Okay! Tell your mom I say hi!! Byeeeeee" and with the the call ended. I shook my head and laughed, 'Oh Uraraka, what would I do without you' I thought as I took the food back to my mothers room.