Chapter 18 ~ Surprise

Hi everyone! Welcome back for chapter 18!
This chapter is where I bring in an idea from another anime. Many of you may know it which is Full Metal Alchemist.
Full credits of the idea to that anime, I just thought that it fit for Mei's story at this time.
Obviously I won't say what the idea is now but if you've seen the anime you'll know what I'm talking about.
Anyway! Let's get to reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mei P.O.V
I wiped the sweat from my forehead as I caught my breath. "Alright Mei, that's enough for now. Time to take a break." I shook my head, "No. I need... to keep going" I said panting as I pushed myself up. I felt my head start to spin as soon as I stood and quickly turned the other way as I felt my lunch start to make its way up my throat.
"Mei! Are you okay?" All Might said as he quickly ran to my side. I held my hand out to stop him. "I'm fine."
All Might groaned in annoyance, "Clearly you are not. Look at yourself. You can't even stand without throwing up."
I wiped my mouth and I rolled to my back. I felt the cool grass beneath me and the wind blow over me. Covering my eyes with my arm, I sighed.
All Might sighed, "Over working yourself won't help you get to where you want to be."
"I want to be back to normal."
"I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's not going to happen over night. Even if you work yourself to the point of passing out."
"You think I don't know that?!" I growled.
It was silent for a moment and I felt the guilt sink in. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair.
"I'm sorry."
All Might sat down next to me. "I know."
"It's just that everyone is so far ahead of me. Most of them have their hero licenses. Todoroki and Bakugou no but they're on their way too it. I can't even attend the supplemental classes."
"You'll get there soon."
"How? I can't even use my quirk without it sending me to a hospital bed again."
All Might chuckled, "May I remind you it's only been just over a week since you woke from a coma? And you're already out here sparring with me."
I crossed my legs and rested my head in my hand.
"I'd say you're off to a pretty good start."
I sighed, "Well I better be able to use my quirk soon."
All Might nodded and placed his hand on my head. "You will. We're just going to take it one day at a time alright?" I nodded under his hand. "And no more working till you puke."
I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "Yeah, okay."
All Might stood up then turned and reached his hand out to me. "Let's go. Everyone should be making their way back to the dorms."

I held the tip of a towel in my mouth and reached around my back to grab the other side as I struggled to wrap myself up after getting out of the shower. "Come on dammit." I said through gritted teeth as I contorted my arm behind my back finally managing to get ahold of it. I opened the door and screamed as I saw Mina and Uraraka sitting on my bed. "Hey there Mei!" I threw my arm over my chest to catch the towel that had started to slip.
"What the hell are you guys doing?"
"S-sorry to scare you Mei! I told Mina we should just wait outside and listen bu-"
"We couldn't wait!" Mina squealed, cutting Uraraka off.
"Couldn't wait for what?"
Mina stood and tiptoed over to me excitedly. "We all have a surprise for you in the common room!"
I looked at her confused, "a surprise?"
She nodded her head aggressively, "hurry up and get changed and we'll bring you down!"

I quickly got changed and met the girls outside. "Ready?" Uraraka asked. I nodded and we made our way to the common room.
"Heyyyy there she is!" Kirishima smiled and waved to me.
I sat down next to him and looked at him then to everyone who was staring at me.
"Okay what's going on? What is this surprise and why does everyone look so... spooky."
Kaminari laughed, "Spooky? We're just excited! Tsu bring it over!"
I watched as Tsu carried over a large box covered in wrapping paper with a bow. "Ribbit, here Mei." She placed it on the table in front of me." I looked at everyone, then back at the gift.
"It's from all of us but really it was Kirishima's idea." Sero said as he smirked at the red head. "Well I mean..." Kirishima said looking away and scratching his head nervously.
"Open it Mei!" Mina said excitedly.
I nervously started to peel away the bow and wrapping paper. Once I got to the lid of the box I stopped and looked up at everyone, they all had looks of excitement but also nervousness.
I swallowed nervously and slowly opened the lid.
I stared at the item in shock, not knowing what to do or say. I felt tears start to fall from my eyes. Aoyama gasped, "Oh my god!! She hates it!" I quickly looked around to see everyone looking terrified. "N-no! No! I-I love it!" I looked back to the gift and pulled it out of the box and set it on my lap. I ran my fingers over the cool metal of the artificial arm.
"I love it so much."
Everyone cheered and a few came over and hugged me which I gladly returned. "H-how did you guys do this?"
"Well Kirishima brought the up the idea of us all chipping in on getting you a prosthetic arm but then we thought we'd ask Hatsume from the support class if there was a way we could make an even better prosthetic." Mina explained. "She told us if we could chip in for the parts and get measurements then she could make a robotic arm!"
I felt more tears start to fill my eyes. "You guys didn't have to do this. I'll pay you guys back I pro-" Kiri put his arm around my shoulder, "no way! It's on us." I smiled and leaned my head against his shoulder, wiping away my tears.
"Thank you. All of you. I can't begin to explain how much this means to me."