Chapter 10 ~ Hero Internships

Sorry this took so long to get out! I got super busy with work and then I went on vacation but I'm back now and I'm excited to get through these next two chapters then start the Training Camp Arc! (My favourite arc). I have everything for that arc planned out and I'm super excited. Anyways Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mei POV
I was sitting in the break room enjoying a cup of warm hot chocolate (Mei doesn't like coffee) when a familiar brunette walked in. "Hey Mei! How's your break?" I leaned back and stretched with a big groan and chuckled "well Gunhead has been putting us through the wringer so this is feeling pretty nice" she laughed and sat down beside me. "Yeah I guess he has been working us pretty hard".
Both Uraraka and I got a decent amount of offers, her getting 20 and me getting around 30, but we both decided to join up together and do our internships with the Battle Hero, Gunhead. His appearance definitely matches his name, he's a tall and muscular man who looks quite intimidating and he's a fierce close combat fighter but he has another side that we have been seeing that I would've never expected. The other day I was on break enjoying a donut and I was on my phone catching up with classmates, well, classmate since the only person I was really talking to was Kirishima.
Flashback to the Second Day
Gunhead has walked in to grab some coffee and had noticed me smiling at my phone and giggling every once in a while. He slowly crept over behind me and peeked around my shoulder to see what was making me so smiley and saw the name 'Kirishima ☺️' at the top of my phone. He browsed through his knowledge of the U.A. class 1-A and picked out the red head. "NO WAYYYYY" I spit out some of my donut from the force of the "pat" (that felt more like a punch) on the back I got from Gunhead. Nearly choking I managed to swallow what I had left and turned to him. "What?!" He chuckled "you and the red riot boy! You really know how to pick em" he said with a wink. "I blushed madly and stuttered, "w-what NO that's not- no we're not dati-" he cut me off when he bent over and got right in my face with his hands clasped together and rested against his chin. "Aweeee no need to be embarrassed! He's a manly guy and I have no doubt he'll grow up to be a big strong hero" before I could finish he grabbed my wrist and high fives my hand "way to go MEI!" He said then strutted out of the room, leaving me in shock, "what?!" I said it a harsh whisper. I heard a buzz come from my phone and saw the text was from Kirishima, I quickly blushed and shut my phone and got ready to go practice some more.
End of Flashback
It's been a couple of days now since the Hosu City incident involving Todoroki, Izuku and Iida. Luckily all of them ended up okay and only sustained minor injuries, it scares me though, how close they came and how close anyone of us can come to death in this line of work. I was knocked out of my thoughts when Uraraka ran over and was clearly embarrassed about something due to the huge blush that had formed across her cheeks. "You okay?" I asked and she shook her head slightly. "Gunhead won't stop bugging me about Izu-" he jumped behind the both of us screaming "Uraraka and Mei has got boyyyyyfriendsssss!!!!" We both blushed madly "NOOOOOOO!!"

"Alright everyone we're gonna learn some Gunhead Martial Arts" he continued talking as I stretched my sore muscles. 'Okay now this is what I came here for'. It was our last day so it's only right to save the best for last. We had gone out on a few patrols but they kept our internship more indoors after the hosu incident for safety, so for the past few days we've been doing combat training nonstop.
"So, how would you fight against someone with a knife?" We all stayed silent, "Uravity, can you try attacking me?" She began to get into an attack position, "are you sure?" Gunhead nodded, "you don't have to hold back" Uraraka gripped the knife "alright then here I come!" She began to run at him, swing the knife through the air, "when someone is coming at you with a knife, the best thing to do it to try and keep your distance" he said as he continued dodging her attacks and hopping backwards. "If they attack you directly, use your leg as an axis to pivot and dodge" Uraraka over stepped and missed him completely, "then grab their wrist and neck at the same time, and then hold them down as you pull their wrist" Uraraka slammed to the ground and was completely immobilized. "Know if your able to twist their wrist and kick the knife away than that would be even more perfect" he then demonstrated and let Uraraka up. I looked in awe "that was so smooth and effective, amazing". He helped Uraraka up then dusted his hands, "now then, we will be practicing this until all of you can get it right" "yes sir!"