Chapter 19 ~ Work Studies

Sooooo so sorry for the delay everyone. I need to stop promising when I'll be releasing chapters.

This next chapter might seem a little slow and skippy but I promise I have great things to come for this next arc.

Coming up we are starting the Hero Work Studies arc!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mei P.O.V
"We have gotten permission to allow you to seek out a work study, but seeing as you don't have your provisional license it will be likely you won't be chosen to work." Aizawa said as he looked out the window. I nodded with my head down.

"Dammit." I said through my teeth as I walked down the halls of the school.
Do I even try? I'm given this chance even though I don't have my license. But like Aizawa said, it'll be a miracle if someone takes me on.
I made my way back to my dorm and jumped onto my bed, burying my head into my pillow and sighed. I looked at my metal arm and growled before tossing my pillow across the room and slamming my face into the mattress letting out another sigh.

"Mei!" I heard through my door followed by a couple knocks.
'Maybe if I ignore it he'll go away', I thought.
*KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK* "Meiiii".
I rolled my eyes before pushing myself off my bed and opening the door.
"Kiri what is it?" I muttered.
He grabbed my shoulders and shook me, "you have to come with me!"
I looked at him confused, "come with you where?"
"The Fat Gum agency. I'm going to ask if he'll take me on for my work study. I've already convinced Tamaki to introduce me and I want you to come."
I grabbed his wrists and smirked, "I appreciate the thought, but there's no way I'm going to get in." I moved his hands off my shoulders and made my way back to my bed. Plopping myself on the edge and laid back.
"What are you talking about?"
I sat back up and looked up to the red haired boy.
"Yes, they're letting me seek out a work study but it's not gonna happen. Not without my license."
Kirishima looked at me and rolled his eyes. I glared back at him.
"What are you rolling your eyes for?"
He scoffed, "You still have a chance, why not go for it? You'll regret it if you don't at least try."
I shook my head, "I don't want the embarrassment of being rejected. No thanks. I already have the embarrassment of trying to use my quirk without dying thank you."
We were both silent for a moment before Kirishima grabbed my wrist and started to drag me out of the room.
"Kirishima let go! I already said I don't want to go-" Kirishima turned around and stared at me.
"We both know that's a lie." He said sternly while looking into my eyes. I stared back at him, surprised at his tone. "I'm not letting you miss out on the chance." He turned around and continued to walk, me following behind.
"Besides, it's not a sure shot that I'm going to be accepted either." He gripped my hand tighter. "If you get shot down then I'm going down with you."
I stared at the back of his head.
"Why?" I asked as I followed behind.
Kirishima turned to me confused.
"You have an amazing chance to get in with this agency but your putting all of your eggs in my basket. All of your opportunity into the hands of someone who has the smallest ounce of actually being accepted."
He turned his head away and continued to walk with his hand around my wrist.
"Because I have no doubts. You might not see it but I see it and I know others see that you have an amazing power and amazing potential." We were both silent for a moment before Kirishima stopped and turned back to look at me. Still holding my wrist tight in his hand.
"You can't get back to where you were before and continue to get stronger if you don't give yourself the chance to."
I pulled my wrist from his hand and folded my arms across my chest.
"Fine." I said as I started to walk ahead of him. "I'll go with you." I saw Kiri smile and pump his fist out the corner of my eye. I turned back to look at him, "but if you are to get accepted and I'm not. Don't even think about turning it down."
Kirishima looked at me and furrowed his brows. I raised my hand toward him and stuck out my pinky finger.
"Pinky swear"
He smirked and shook his head. "Fine" he hooked his pinky with mine. "Pinky swear."