Chapter 3 ~ Get Hard

Sooo I'm gonna make this chapter shorter. And if anyone has any recommendations for me to make this story better or just my writing in general I'd greatly appreciate it 😊!
Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mei's POV
It's been a whole week since I joined U.A and I've been loving it. We've mainly been working out and improving our endurance but in this last week before the sports festival we're working on improving our quirks. This is the first time I'll be using my quirk around my classmates and the first time I'll be seeing all of their quirks as well. 'What if they don't like my quirk? What if they think it's weak?' So many 'what ifs' continued to race through my mind while we waited for All Might and Aizawa-sensei to make their way to class. I gently close my eyes to try and calm my hectic nerves.
"Meiiiiiii..." I open my eyes to see Uraraka waving her hand in my face. "O-oh Uraraka! Sorry! I'm just trying to relax a bit before we go out to train..." I slowly turned my head to the side and looked out the window. Uraraka rubbed her chinned, confused before making an "o" shape with her mouth and smiling. "Riiiight everyone finally gets to see your quirk in action today. Why are you so nervous?" I turned back to look at her and sighed, "I'm just worried that no one will like it, or worse think it's scary..." I said as I pouted my lip and rested my chin on my hand. Uraraka placed her hand on my shoulder. "Honestly I think you have nothing to worry about", she said smiling reassuringly, "in my opinion a quirk is a quirk, it's a beautiful yet scary thing no matter what it is. Plus, you got in on a recommendation so your quirk must be at least a bit amazing!" I laughed after she finished. "Thanks Uraraka, you really know how to put a smile on someone's face no matter the circumstances". She smiled which I returned and quieted down once Aizawa-sensei and All Might made their way into class. "Alright Class you know what we're up to today... let's head on down to the USJ, don't forget your costumes...". "Aizawa-sensei seems extra tired today" Uraraka whispered to me. I laughed and punched her shoulder gently before we made our way down to the bus.  I internally screamed with joy, 'I finally get to try out my hero costume!' I sighed with relief as we got onto the bus.
'At least I have something to look forward to'.

As we made it to the USJ everyone changed into their costumes and headed into the training ground. I on the other hand was hiding in the bathroom double checking every part of my costume. 'I love it but will they?' I facepalmed myself and shook my head. 'No! Gotta stop thinking like that...' I thought as I took a deep breath in and looked at myself in the mirror one last time. "Meiii! Come oooon we're gonna be late!" Uraraka chimed in through the door. I put a smile on my face and walked out the door. "Whatchya think?" I said striking a battle pose. Uraraka squealed. "I love it!!!!"
My costume really did live up to my quirks name.
(Prepare for my "amazing" attempt at describing something again... sorry!)
It consisted of a tight, black bodysuit, no sleeves and went up, halter style, around my neck. Baggy black pants that had two large holes on each side revealing a large amount of my hips. A belt that had throwing knives and smoke bombs attached to it. Small lightweight black boots and two long arm warmers (I don't know what they're called 😬) that reaches all the way up to my elbows, covering my entire forearm and had slits for my thumbs.
(I'll put a drawing of it down below but sorry for that to because my drawing ability is horrendous).