Chapter 5 ~ The Calvary Battle

So here's another amazing edit! Credit to @gtg.fast.edits on instagram.
I apologize for such a late update! I'll try to update sooner!
Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mei's P.O.V
"There's more suffering ahead for those at the top" I swallowed nervously as I sipped from a water bottle and Kirishima reassured me with a toothy grin. As Midnight continued to explained how this next event would go down all the participants were becoming antsy and anxious. The higher ranked you were the more points you were worth, me being worth 170 points and Kirishima being worth 165 points.

I took another sip of the water bottle as Midnight continued to announce the points. "After taking first place in the qualifiers Izuku Midoriya has got 10 million points!!" Spitting the water out of my mouth in shock I turned to Izuku who was frozen with shock as well. Everyone's eyes were like daggers stabbing into him as he shook nervously. Midnight gained everyone's attention and finished up explaining the event.

"You've got 15 minutes!! Time to form your teams!" Quickly you turned to Kirishima who also turned to you and was about to speak but was cut off when Todoroki stepped in front of him and stared down at you. "I want your speed... team up?" I looked up at him nervously , "u-uh yeah... sure!" He began to walk around and find other students and you followed, turning around to a sad looking Kirishima you mouthed to him 'sorryyyyy!' and  turned back to follow Todoroki.

After 15 minutes we're up we were all given our points headbands and got into our positions, me being in the front, Denki to the left, Momo to the right and Todoroki as rider, it was the perfect formation for our specific quirks.
Present Mic tapped the microphone causing some feedback and squealed. "HERE WE GO! THE COUNTDOWN TO THIS BRUTAL BATTLE ROYAL!!" I took a deep breath in and out relaxing myself and concentrating on my goal. "THREE! TWO! ONE!" That last second seemed to turn to slow motion as everyone readied themselves for the battle that was about to begin. "STAAAAART!" Quickly time went back to normal and everyone was headed for the same target, Izuku.

Half the battle has passed and we haven't gained or lost any headbands yet. Looking up at the score board I scoffed at the results, ya being in 6th, "Hey Todoroki, were not lookin so hot right now!" I felt a tight grip on my shoulder "Mei! Incoming!" This coming from Momo. Tetsutetsu and his team came flying at us but I quickly shot to the side avoiding them completely and into safety. I sighed in relief and looked up to see who was around us when I noticed a familiar red-head. I smiled but that soon went away when I saw Bakugou's headband get ripped off his head and Kirishima looked up nervously as Bakugou lost it and started chasing after Monoma from class 1-B. I turned my head forward to see who we were coming close to next when my eyes widened in surprise and I stopped. We were face to face, team Todoroki and team Izuku. "We're coming for you..." Todoroki said to Izuku in a husky voice.

"Forward Mei!" Todoroki barked. "Right!" I said as I shot forward toward the green-haired boy. "Yaoyorozu prepare our defence. The insulator too... Kaminari you..." Todoroki continued to bark orders as we closed in on Izuku and his team. As other teams were closing in on us as well Momo created the insulator and draped it over the four of us and Kaminari shot out electricity at everyone. "Indiscriminating Shock! 1.3 Million Volts!!!" Immediately after Todoroki froze everyone to the ground using his ice, excitedly I mentally fist bumped myself. As we passed every team frozen we snatched headbands left and right and handed them to Todoroki. As we closed in closer on Izuku, Tokoyami sent Dark Shadow at us but Momo stopped him before he could get to us, but it was a close call. This is getting brutal!

"ONE MINUTE LEFT" screamed Present Mic as the time limit was coming up. Thinking of an idea I nervously bit my lip. 'Come on!! Think, think!" I gasped and looked back to my team. "Guys! What I'm about to do will make me pretty useless for a while after!" Momo looked at me concerned, "Mei?" I turned back to my target. "Just make sure you grab it!" As I gathered all the energy I could into my legs I screamed to Todoroki, "GRAB IT!!" And at that moment I released all of my energy and shot past Izuku's team in a flash.