Chapter 16 ~ Life Without Her

Hello and welcome back for Chapter 16!

I'm sorry I left you all on a cliff hanger for so long but get ready for a much longer chapter!

The photo above is not mine. I'm not sure who to give credit to as I found the photo on google 😬

Enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kirishima P.O.V

"Hey, Kirishima..." I heard faintly, followed by a small nudge to my shoulder. "Dude, wake up" I opened my eyes and looked up to see Bakugou holding a cup in front of my face.
I looked at him slightly confused, and reached up and grabbed it. "Coffee" he said as he took a seat next to me. I nodded before taking a small sip. "How long was I out for?" I asked stretching my legs out and lean back into the chair. Bakugou shrugged, "about 3 hours, whatever they gave you knocked you out cold."
I leaned forward resting my elbows on my knees, taking another sip of my coffee.
A flash back of what happen a few hours before played in my mind;

We sprinted to the hospital as soon as we heard All Mights screams playing over the jumbo screen. I called for Mei once we made it to the hospital. No answer. Todoroki ran to the first nurse we saw and started asking about Mei and if she had made it yet. The nurse shrugged saying she hadn't heard of a Mei being admitted. I stomped over and was about to start arguing when the hospital doors flew open and multiple voices were heard. My heart dropped immediately as I turned around. Mei was on a stretcher with 3 nurses/doctors rushing the stretcher in and another sitting on her and performing CPR. "We need to get her to the OR now!"
A tube was coming out of her mouth which was attached to a bag filled with air that was being pumped by another nurse. "MEI!!" I screamed and began to run toward her but was quickly stopped by the nurse we had just been talking too. I continued to scream and struggle against the nurse holding me back before security came and pinned me down.
After a few minutes I felt a pinch in my shoulder. I looked over to see a needle in my arm, followed by the nurse apologizing before everything went black.

I ran my fingers through my hair and leaned back into my chair. "Have we heard anything yet?" Bakugou lowered and shook his head. "Not yet, I tried to get some answers but because we're not family they won't tell us anything." I chuckled annoyingly, "Her only family is here in the hospital an-" I stopped my sentence and shot up. "Oh my god, Mei's mom!" I turned to look at Bakugou and he nodded, knowing exactly what I was thinking next.
"Does she even know what's going on right now? Have they let her know anything?" I asked as we ran to Ms. Mei's room. Bakugou shrugged, "No idea. But needs to know." I nodded in agreement.
The door was partially open when we arrived. I pushed it open slowly and knocked a few times, "Hello? Ms. Mei?" We heard a quiet "come in", inside was Mei's mother and a skinny blonde haired man that I didn't recognize, he was covered in gauze and in a wheel chair. He turned, "Oh Bakugou, Kirishima, please come in." I looked at Bakugou confused as to who this man was. Bakugou raised his eyebrows, "Ohhh yeah I forgot to mention after you woke up. Umm that's All Might."
After a few minutes of explanations I scratched my head, processing everything. "Wow, so you beat him." All Might nodded his head, "hardly, but yes." Me and Bakugou pulled up two chairs and sat down. I looked at Mei's mother and cleared my throat. "So, Ms. Mei, you know then, about what's happened?" She looked at me, "Please, call me Fuyu." I nodded, remembering she had told me to call her by her first name on a couple occasions. Should looked down at her hands, "but yes, I know. I had actually saw everything on the news. I turned it off because I couldn't watch anymore." Her eyes began to water, All Might put a hand on her shoulder. "I've gotten a few updates. They're trying to save her arm..." she paused and choked back some tears. I lowered my head. "they had a hard time getting her heart beating again but they did it and she's hasn't coded again." She wiped away the few tears that fell down her face. "They're not sure how long she'll be in surgery." It was silent for a moment. I tried to hold back tears and looking over at Bakugou it seemed he was struggling to keep some tears falling as well.
"I know she'll be okay. She's a strong girl." I looked back up to the frail woman. Fuyu was forcing a smile on her face. At that point I hadn't noticed the tears starting to pour from my eyes. "Oh honey come here." Fuyu said as she opened her arms. I walked over and accepted the hug. All Might had placed his hand on Bakugou back, which made Bakugou quickly wipe away any tears that had escaped his eyes. She rubbed my back for a second then pulled away cupping my face in her hands. She wiped the tears from my face with her thumbs. "She'll be okay. Alright?" I nodded and she pulled me back in for another hug.