Chapter 19

Juliette came out of her room in the morning to see Andy coming out of the room he shared with Laurie. She looked down at the ground as he approached her, bringing his hand up, but she shook her head, swatting it away.

He kept his voice quiet, "please, we have to talk Jules."

"I don't want to talk to you Andy. Go talk to your wife." 

He groaned as she scoffed and pushed past him into the bathroom. He sighed, going into her room to sit on the bed as he waited for her to return. He stood up when she entered the room, "Jules. Please."

"No Andy! Get out!" She went to grab his arm but he grabbed her, pulling her to him as he shut the door to press her against it with his body.

He brought his hand up to her mouth, feeling the anger radiating off her, "stop. Nothing happened. I pushed her away. I told you I don't want her. But it's more complicated now. Laurie went out for a run. I'm going to remove my hand so we can talk. Okay?"

Juliette only nodded as he removed his hand. She hit him in the chest as he released her with a grunt. She sat at her desk, "nothing happened except you sleeping with her."

Andy groaned, "I had to Jules."

"Had to? Right." She huffed a laugh, shaking her head as she avoided looking at him. 

He sighed, "are you going to let me talk or not?" He took her silence as confirmation as he sighed again. "She knows about us. She said she would list infidelity on the divorce paperwork if I didn't sleep with her. Only sleep by the way. I did not have sex with her. But I did it to help you. If word got out that you were sleeping with me then you'll lose your credibility before you even get started. I'm sorry Jules."

Juliette leapt to her feet, "what?! She wouldn't!"

"She would. You know she would. She threatened to take custody of Emily. You were right. This is all my fault. I couldn't stay away from you."

Juliette began to pace, "I couldn't either. I told you something like this could happen Andy!" She saw him reach for her but she pulled away, "get out."

"Jules. Please." His voice was pleading as he watched her.

"Get out!"

Andy hesitated, watching her pace before leaving her alone in her room.

~~~

Juliette rushed to the door when she heard Peter arrive the following day. She opened the door, wrapping her brother in a hug before the door was shut.

He chuckled, "what's the matter little one?" He looked up to see Andy watching them before looking down at her as she pulled away with tears in her eyes, "hey. What is it?"

"Oh! You must be Peter! Julie's brother!"

He nodded as Laurie approached him with her hand out and Juliette moved off to the side, looking away from everyone, "that's me." He shook her hand, handing her a bottle of wine. "Sorry there's no kitchen at the hotel."

Laurie chuckled, taking the wine, "it's fine! We're so glad you're here."

"Sure." He smiled as he felt Juliette take his hand, dragging him upstairs away from everyone. "What is the matter?" He closed her bedroom door as he watched her pace. "Julie. Jules!" He grabbed her arm to make her look at him, "hey."

Juliette plopped down on the edge of the bed, "just a lot going on."

He nodded, pulling out the chair from the desk to sit, "okay. I get that. Talk to me little one."

She groaned, "you know that guy I was sort of seeing that I didn't want you to judge me about?"

Peter nodded again, leaning back in the chair, "yes. Andy, right?"

"How did you know?!" Her eyes got wide as she felt her face redden with embarrassment.

He laughed, "come on. I know you better than anyone. And his 'I'm fond of your sister' comment. You guys were practically eye fucking in his office yesterday." She groaned, laying back on the bed. "Now tell me what's going on Julie. Why are you sleeping with a married man?"

She sat back up, looking at her brother. "I don't know! It just kind of happened Pete. Started off as flirting, fooling around. But I really like him and I have feelings for him. He's supposed to be getting a divorce. She wants to wait until the end of the year though. But she found out about us and threatened Andy to fight him for full custody and put infidelity as the reason for the divorce. Even though we have already stopped sleeping together."

Peter scoffed, "sounds like a bitch."

Juliette laughed, "she is." She watched him for a minute, "you're not going to lecture me?"

He stood up, holding out his arms to pull her to her feet as he wrapped her in a hug, "no. I don't think I need to."

She pulled away after a minute, "thanks Pete. Let's go back downstairs."

Peter nodded, following her back downstairs as they sat at the table across from each other. He looked at Andy watching Juliette as they sat. Laurie sat next to him and Jacob next to Juliette as Andy sat at the head of the table between Laurie and Jacob.

Laurie smiled, turning to Peter, "so you're an accountant? How long are you staying?"

Peter nodded, "I am. I'm supposed to go home tomorrow morning."

Juliette looked around the table, seeing Andy watching her as she ate. She looked at Peter, "actually, I was wondering if you could take a later flight so you could help me."

Peter looked around the table and shrugged at his sister, "help with what?"

Juliette sighed, looking from Andy to Laurie, "to help me move out. I'm sorry, but I think it's time I resign. I'm going to move back in with my friend."

Andy shook his head adamantly, "Jules. Don't."

Laurie looked down at her food at her food before looking back up at Juliette with a sigh, "you don't have to do that."

Juliette scoffed, "I think I do."

"What?! No, you can't leave." Jacob set his fork down on the table, looking at Andy, "dad. You can't let her go." Andy didn't say anything as Jacob looked back at Laurie, "this is mom's fault, isn't it? Couldn't take you being happy with anyone but her."

"Jacob. No." Juliette groaned as Jacob stood up from the table and ran upstairs.

Laurie looked at Andy, "Jacob knew?! He knew you were fucking the nanny?"

"Hey! No need to be so vulgar." Peter hit the table with his hand, causing it to shake.

Juliette sighed, "Pete. It's fine."

"It's not! If it's anyone's fault, it's the married man that used his power and position to seduce a much younger woman."

Juliette scoffed, leaping to her feet, "I'm not a much younger woman Pete. He's younger than you. And I'm not a victim. I was a willing participant." She glanced at Laurie, "I am sorry for any hurt I may have caused. But I also have no interest in being a pawn in your divorce. If you are even getting one anyways."

Andy stood up beside her, "we are Jules. Please don't go." He went to grab her arm as she walked past him, but she pulled it away as Peter stood up and followed her.