Chapter 38

"It looks great down here love."

Juliette nodded as Andy came into the kitchen with Emily. "I just want her to have a good birthday. I missed it last year."

Andy nodded, placing his hand on her stomach, "I know. How are you feeling with the little ones?"

She turned to face him, "I feel good. And shush about the little ones. No one knows about that yet."

Andy chuckled, looking down at her stomach. "Honey, you're 20 weeks with twins. I'm sorry, but it's getting kind of obvious."

"Did you just say I'm fat?" She crossed her arms, feigning offense.

Peter laughed, hearing their conversation as he came into the kitchen and took Emily out of Andy's arms.

Juliette laughed, wrapping her arms around Andy's neck, "you're a jerk."

Andy shook his head, "no I'm not. I love you. You look beautiful is what I meant."

She giggled, nodding, "right. Nice save." She leaned in to kiss him when they heard the front door open. She turned away from him, walking to Aimee as Andy went to the front door. She looked at Aimee who was a little smaller than her. She chuckled, placing her hand on Aimee's stomach, "I guess it is obvious I have two, huh?"

Aimee chuckled, "sorry, but yeah. Do you know what you're having yet?"

Juliette shook her head, "we find out tomorrow! What about you?"

Aimee leaned in next to her ear, "a boy."

Juliette squealed, "really?! I can't wait."

"Did you get new furniture?"

Juliette sighed, "uh oh." hearing Laurie in the sitting area with Andy. She walked into the room to see Laurie holding Emily. Emily squealed, reaching for Juliette, much to Laurie's dismay. Juliette chuckled, taking Emily, holding her on her hip. "We did get new furniture. Do you like it? I wanted to brighten up the place a bit."

"Mama." Emily giggled, playing with Juliette's hair.

Laurie scoffed, glaring at Juliette holding Emily, "you take Jacob and now you take Emily?"

Andy stepped in front of Juliette, "Jacob made the decision himself not to come over. And Emily, well she's been around Juliette more than she's been around you. And she's better with her than you are."

Laurie shook her head, "some people just aren't good with babies. It isn't my fault."

Juliette sighed, walking away with Emily into the other room, finding Jacob. "Can you take her for a minute?"

Jacob nodded, "are you okay?"

Juliette nodded, "yeah. Babies are just going crazy. I'll be right back." She went up to the bedroom, into the bathroom, leaning over the sink. She heard someone come in, closing the door. She looked up to see a concerned Andy, "I'm fine. I'm just tired. I've been on my feet all day."

Andy nodded, grabbing her hand to help her to the bed to sit, "are you sure that's all?"

She sighed, laying back as she placed her hand on her stomach. She felt Andy rest his hand next to hers, "they won't stop moving today. You feel them?"

Andy chuckled, "I do. Kicking up a storm. If you need to lay down, I'm sure everyone would understand love."

She grabbed his hand, making him help her up, "no no. I'm okay. Come on."

Andy nodded, "if you say so." He followed her down the stairs as she plopped on the couch next to Peter. Andy looked at Jacob, "will you get Jules some water. Aimee too." He took Emily from Jacob as Aimee sat on the other side of Peter. He chuckled, looking at their stomachs. He sighed, seeing how they both looked kind of miserable.

Juliette smiled at Jacob as he handed her a water bottle, "thanks bud."

~~~

Juliette and Andy walked into the house after their appointment to find Jacob on the floor playing with Emily.

Andy picked her up when she noticed them, "thanks for watching her while we went to the doctor bud."

Jacob shrugged, standing up as he followed them into the kitchen, "you were only gone like 2 hours. I think I can handle myself for a few hours."

Juliette chuckled, "we know you can."

"So? What are we having guys? Brothers? Sisters?! Come on!"

Andy laughed at Jacob's enthusiasm, looking at Juliette, "you want to tell him?"

Juliette nodded, "okay. Well, Jacob." She placed one sonogram in front of Jacob, "this is your sister. And this..." She placed the other one in front of him, "this is your brother."

"Both?!" Jacob smiled, picking them both up to look at closer, "I can't believe it."

Juliette laughed, "yes. You get a brother and a sister. Are you happy?"

He nodded, hugging them both, "of course I am! I can't wait!"

Andy laughed, "I'm glad bud."

***********************************************************************

Andy rolled over, resting his hand on Juliette's stomach. "Now that we know what we're having, do you want to talk about names?" He saw her only nod, "what's the matter?"

She shrugged, "I'm just worried about them being okay."

Andy sighed, "I know. We just had an appointment today. She said they look great. It's going to be fine."

"I know that logically. Just hard not to worry."

Andy brought his hand up to her cheek, "I know. Names?"

She nodded, "William?"

Andy shook his head, "no way. That was my father's name."

She brought his hand back to her stomach as they kicked his hand, "okay. Christopher and Caitlyn?"

Andy smiled, "I like that. I can't believe we're having twins."

Juliette laughed, "you? You're not the one carrying them and having them fight and kick you constantly."

He chuckled, "that's true. I'm sorry."

"It's fine Andy. I love you. And I can't wait to have them."

He smiled, nodding, "me too. Halfway there."