Chapter 35

"Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself?"

Juliette laughed as she watched Andy pack a bag. "I'll be fine babe. You'll be back on Sunday, yeah?"

Andy nodded, "yes. But we have never been apart for this long before."

Juliette stood up from the bed, "I know. It's only 48 hours. Go to New York. Have fun. I'll be fine. The kids aren't even going to be here. So I can enjoy a nice quiet weekend alone with Bailey to protect me. Maybe I'll call Brie to come over tomorrow and hang out with me. Okay?"

Andy sighed, "okay." He shook his head as she laughed at him, "what?"

She shrugged before wrapping her arms around him, "you're the one that planned this guys weekend with Peter, and now you're second guessing it?"

"No." He wrapped his arms around her waist, "I'm second guessing being away from you and your lips for so long." He ran his fingers along her neck, "and that neck. I love your neck."

She giggled as she felt him lean down kissing her neck, "Andy."

He grinned at her whimper, trailing the kisses up her chin to her mouth as he felt her tongue teasing his lips. He moaned, feeling her pushing him back against the wall. "Jules. I don't have time. I have to go." He heard her groan as she ran her hand along his bulge, rubbing his cock through his jeans. "Jules."

She giggled at his groan, "I'll miss you." She heard him growl softly as he pushed her away.

"I'll make it up to you when I return. I'll miss you too." He knelt on the ground next to Bailey, patting her head, "take care of mama for me." He laughed as she licked his face as some sort of confirmation. "Yeah. I'll miss you too."

Juliette laughed, "you better go before I finish the job Mr. Barber."

He moaned as he stood up, grabbing his bag. "I love you. Be good." He grinned as she smirked.

"I love you too Barber."

~~~

Peter smiled as he opened the door for Andy to enter, "hey! How are you?"

Andy shrugged, hugging Peter, "I'm good. Thanks for letting me stay here."

Peter chuckled, "as many times as you've let me stay with you? It's nice that I can offer you the same. Though I still don't know why you insisted on coming."

Andy laughed, "a few reasons. One being I don't have any brothers and I know how much Juliette loves and respects you. I wanted a chance to spend some time with you in that regard. Without Juliette around."

Peter nodded, "of course. I'm happy to have you here Andy. You've met my other brothers, they're gems." He smiled as Andy laughed. "What was the other reason?"

"Well." Andy sighed, "like I said, I know how much Juliette loves and respects you. She's recently reconnecting with her father but you'll always be the first man in her life. We aren't quite there yet, but I'm working on planning it out. So the other reason I'm here is to ask your permission to marry your sister."

"Aww Andy! I told you! I told you he was coming to ask your permission to marry Julie!"

Peter and Andy laughed as Aimee came into the living room. Peter looked back at Andy, squeezing his shoulder, "Andy. I know how much you love Julie and how much you take care of her. Of course I'm okay with you marrying her. Whenever you're ready. And I look forward to having you as a brother."

"Thanks Pete." Andy hugged Peter again, "looking forward to having you as a brother too."

"Are you guys done with your bro-ment?"

Peter shook his head, laughing at Aimee, "you're ridiculous."

Aimee laughed, "I'm going. I love you." Aimee kissed Peter, "you boys behave yourselves."

Andy hugged Aimee, kissing her on the cheek, "have a good day Aimee."

Once Aimee was gone, Peter turned to Andy, "since you're here." Andy followed Peter to a desk in the living room where he pulled out a box. He handed it to Andy, "seems we've been thinking the same thing."

Andy chuckled, looking at the diamond engagement ring, "I don't have a ring yet. Do you know when you're going to do it?"

Peter took the ring back, putting it away. "A few weeks I think. I'm nervous but confident. If that makes any sense."

Andy laughed, "it does. I was considering New Year's Eve maybe? We need a better memory of New Year's."

Peter nodded, "I think that's a great idea. And gives you a few months to plan it."

"Exactly. First have to plan her birthday in a few weeks. I'm a little nervous she'll think it's too soon. But our relationship hasn't exactly been normal. So I don't know."

Peter chuckled, "I don't think you have to worry. Julie loves you Andy."

Andy nodded, "I know. Thanks Pete."

~~~
Juliette opened the door, letting Brie in, "hey. Thanks for hanging out with me."

"Of course." Brie handed Juliette a bottle of wine, "where's the man of the house?"

"He went to New York to hang out with Peter."

Brie smiled, "it's good they get along so well."

Juliette nodded as she grabbed some wine glasses. "Well Andy doesn't have any siblings and they're closer in age." She followed Brie into the living room, turning on the tv as she sat next to Brie on the couch.

Brie laughed as Bailey jumped up on the couch with them, "so how is it going here with Andy? Been living here about a year now."

Juliette sighed, "yeah. And it's going great with us. But I still sort of feel like a guest in the house. Everything in the house is his. His and Laurie's. Nothing is mine except for the guitar."

Brie shrugged, "so why don't you tell him? You've been living here since January Julie. It's now September. You should be able to talk to him about it."

Juliette rested her head on Brie's shoulder, "I know. I don't want him to think I'm complaining. He takes care of me and I just don't want to come off as ungrateful."

Brie chuckled, "you won't. He loves you."

"Yeah yeah."

Brie laughed, "don't yeah yeah me. So.. do you think he went to New York to ask your brother permission to propose?"

"What?!" Juliette sat up, her heart beating rapidly, "no way! He hasn't even been divorced for a year yet." She rested her hand on her heart, "why would you say that? Now I'm freaking out." She stood up and began to pace in front of the couch as Brie laughed and her and Bailey watched Juliette walk back and forth in front of them.

Brie reached out, grabbing her hand to pull her back onto the couch, "it was just a question. You don't want to marry Andy?"

Juliette glared at her friend, "of course. I would love to marry Andy. He's everything I could ever want, even things I didn't think I wanted or needed. I love him so much. I just don't know if it's too soon."

Brie chuckled, "meh. If you know, you know. Try not to think about it Julie, I'm sorry I brought it up."

"Right." Juliette nodded, but knew that would be all she would be able to think about now. He didn't really want to marry her... did he?