Chapter 25

"How is she?" Andy stood outside Juliette's hospital room with Peter as they talked to the doctor.

The doctor shrugged, "physically? Fine mostly. She had a cut on her hip from a knife. But it wasn't very deep. A few stitches. She has a cut inside her mouth most likely from being struck." The doctor hesitated before continuing. She sighed, "she had obvious signs of rape."

Andy sighed, nodding as he looked at the ground. "I assumed even though she hasn't said anything since we left the cabin."

The doctor nodded, "give her some time. There's more. I don't know if it was just because of the trauma of the sexual abuse or a combination of that along with the drugging and stress, but she's in the middle of having a miscarriage."

Andy felt his heart sink to his stomach as he heard Peter next to him. He leaned one arm against the wall as he stared at the floor. 

"She was pregnant?!" Peter shook his head.

The doctor nodded, "I'm sorry. You didn't know?" She looked at the chart and back up at them, "she was around 10 weeks?"

Peter looked at Andy who looked like he was about to throw up, "I take it you didn't know?"

Andy shook his head, "no. I didn't know Peter. I'm sorry." He felt Peter squeeze his shoulder as he looked back up at the doctor, "can I please take her home?"

"You can. I think the police got everything from her they needed."

"Thanks." He turned to Peter, "I have an extra bedroom, you and Aimee are free to stay with me. You can have Juliette's old bedroom. I'm sure she'll want you around."

Peter nodded, "thanks. I'd like to stay a few days if that's okay."

"Stay as long as you like. I just want to get Juliette home and cleaned up."

~~~

"I lost the mask you bought me."

Andy scoffed as he helped Juliette remove the scrubs a nurse found for her at the hospital once they returned home. "It's fine Jules. I don't care. If you want, I'll buy you another one. Come on." He held her hand as he helped her into the shower, "let's just get you cleaned up." He removed his own clothes as he watched her just stand under the shower before he stepped in behind her. "Jules. Look at me baby."

She sighed, turning to face him, "Andy. Please don't make me talk right now."

Andy nodded, "okay." Once he finished helping her wash herself, he led her back to the bedroom, helping her into some sweat and a t-shirt of his. "I'll have Brie bring your stuff here."

She shook her head, "I don't live here anymore Andy."

"Well you do now. Please Jules. Don't be stubborn. Not right now." He stood up from the bed, pulling the blanket down, "lay down. I'm going to go talk to Peter and get you something to eat."

She groaned, "I'm not hungry."

He sighed, "I don't care. You need to eat something. I will spoon feed it to you if I have to." He smiled as she smirked a little.

"So bossy Barber."

He chuckled as he watched her lay down before leaving the room, closing the door behind him. He went downstairs to find Laurie with Emily, talking to Peter. He groaned, "Laurie. Now really isn't a great time."

"Pete was just telling me what happened. Is Julie okay?"

Andy crossed his arms, "don't pretend like you even care."

Laurie scoffed, "come on Andy. Of course I care. I'm not a monster."

Andy looked at her for a moment before sighing. "I don't know. But can you take Emily for a few days. Please?"

Laurie nodded, "yeah. Of course I can."

He saw Emily smiling and giggling as she looked past him and he heard Juliette coming down the stairs. She smiled, taking Emily from a hesitant Laurie. "Hello sweet girl. I missed you too." Andy watched her smiling for the first time since getting away from Ian. Juliette looked up at everyone watching her, "what?!"

Peter shrugged, shaking his head, "nothing little one. Are you okay?"

She sighed, taking Emily into the kitchen as everyone followed her, "I wish everyone would stop asking me that." She handed Emily to Andy as he followed her into the kitchen.

Andy handed Emily back to Laurie as he watched Juliette groaning, holding her stomach as she hunched over. "You need to go lay down. Please Jules."

She looked up at him as she felt tears in her eyes, "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you."

He sighed, shaking his head, "we don't have to talk about it right now. Just go lay down and I will get you something to eat."

She only nodded as she avoided everyone as she climbed up the stairs.

"Sorry she didn't tell you what?"

Andy shook his head at Laurie, "nothing. A lot going on. I appreciate you taking Emily for a few days."

"Sure." She hesitated before walking away to leave.

Andy looked at Peter and Aimee, "can you go to Brie's apartment and get her some clothes and things?" He looked at Aimee, "and whatever else you think she'll need."

Aimee nodded as she grabbed Peter's hand, "of course."

~~~

Andy watched Juliette finish her food as he took the plate from her, setting it on the nightstand next to him. He sighed, climbing into the bed next to her, "Jules."

"Not now Andy." She heard him sigh as she laid on his chest while he wrapped his arm around her. "I'm sorry for worrying you. I'm fine though."

He scoffed, "you're apologizing for worrying me?! It's my fault you met Ian to begin with Jules. Now look at everything that has happened."

She sat up to look at him, "everything like what? The baby? Or the fact that I'm now used up and broken?"

"What?!" Andy sat up to pull her to him as she began to cry, his heart aching for her, "you're not used up or broken. Don't ever say that again. I meant look at what he did to you. I'll never forgive myself." He lowered his voice, it breaking slightly, "why didn't you tell me about the baby Jules?"

She shrugged as she pulled away, wiping her face, "because you were still married? Because I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it. But it looks like the decision was made for me. So you don't have to worry about it Andy."

"Jules. I love you. I'll always worry. And I would have been happy about the baby."

She laid back on the bed, facing away from him as she felt him pull her to him, wrapping his arms around her as she cried silently.