Chapter 3 ~ Hot

Cyrus Romano

"Is she hot" Ryker asks, grinning from ear to ear. Ryker has been my best friend since we were 4, he's more like a brother to me now though after his parents left him abounded and my parents took him in as their own. He owns the American mafia since his blood lines are American instead of Italian like me. 

He's also a pain in the ass some times. 

I give him a small glare but he brushes it off like its nothing "I don't know, find out for yourself. She's right down the hallway in her room I think" I shrug, looking down at some paper work on my desks about Bernard Ferrari, the guy who killed almost 30 of my best assassins. The only way we know it was him was because we got some security footage. 

I haven't been able to figure out how he did it since the bodies showed up outside my front gate. Blood covering all their bodies and so many wounds on them. But the real question isn't how anymore, it's why. 

Why kill almost 30 people and leave them at a mafia leaders front gate. What was he trying to prove? What was he trying to get across? 

"Deep in thought again" Ryker snaps me out of my daze and I look back up at him, setting the paper work back down on my desk. 

I sigh, sitting up a little straighter in the chair trying to get more comfortable "Yeah, I just don't know why he would do it" I gesture down at the papers. We have been trying to figure this out on top of everything else that's been going on, like finding out I'm getting married to a random girl, for months now. 

Even though the wedding thing only came up a week ago. 

I don't know what I'm going to do with all marriage thing yet. It's not like I can bail out now, she's in her new room up the hallway un packing her bags and settling in.

Ryker's eyebrows furrow like he's thinking of something "What if he did it for some one else. Like he was hired to do it as a warning". 

I think he's actually onto some thing. 

"That's a good idea. Ill get a couple of my best men to check it out and do some research on it" I order, standing up from the chair and walking over to the door. Ryker follows behind me and we both walk downstairs into the kitchen. 

Nonna is at the stove preparing supper but this time she isn't alone, Rose is helping her out by cutting some peppers. Both of them are laughing while in conversation but as soon as Rose see's me her smiles fades and she goes back to focusing on cutting the peppers. 

"Just in time, suppers almost done" Nonna gestures to the bar stools so Ryker and I walk over to them and take a seat. I glance beside me at Ryker who's checking out Rose with a big grin on his face. 

"So, anything new on Bernard" Nonna asks, still focusing on the stove though. "Yeah, Ryker suggested he was working for some one else maybe so I'm gonna get a few of my best men to check it out" I sigh, rubbing my forehead stress-fully. Nonna just nods in return. 

"So kinda like spy's" Roses pitches in, glancing at me over her shoulder with the corner of her lips slightly tilted up. "Yup" I reply. 

"Well I could help check it out. I was a spy for my fathers mafia. Or maybe I still am? I don't know" She rambles, almost in her own little world. "I have some of my best men on the job"  I shrug. 

"Men huh? Why not women" She questions, setting the knife down and turning fully to face me. Her body leans against the counter. "I-I don't know, they just happened to be me-" 

"Relax, I'm joking" She grins, turning back around and giving the plate of chopped peppers to Nonna who sprinkles them on her meal. 

It's not that I have anything against women being in the mafia, I honestly think women are great at it. Some of my best killers are women. This group just happens to be men. 

Rose De León

"This meal was amazing, you are a wonderful cook" I I glance over to Evelyn, giving her a big smile. This food is the best damn food I have ever had, I don't mind getting married to her grandson if it means I get to eat her cooking everyday. 

"Thank you dear" She gives me a smile in return. I have noticed that her and that Ryker dude are the only ones who smile. I haven't seen Cyrus smile once, he always looks to serious. Like some one peed in his cornflakes every single morning. 

Gosh I would hate it if that happened to me. 

Anyways. 

I grab my plate, along with my glass, and carry them into the kitchen. I might as well do the dishes as I'm here. I turn on the water and and puts some bubbles in. Once it's ready I start washing my plate and the few other dishes that were by the sink. 

I haven't even been here for 10 hours and I already miss Rebecca. I should give her a call later. 

I'm hungry. 

I just ate- 

Cyrus comes around the corner with his plate. "You don't have to do the dishes, you know?" He says as he sets his plate down next to the sink. I I pick it up and begin washing it with the rest "I wanted to, it's the least I could do for you guys welcoming me into your home" I shrug, looking at him instead of the dishes. 

He's got pretty eyes. 

Shut up. 

He just looks at me, not saying anything. I go to turn my attention back on the dishes but it's to late, I feel a little pain on my thumb and I lift it out of the water, not realising I was washing a table knife. 

In the middle of my thumb there's a cut running along the middle. That hurts like a nail gone on a toe. 

I wince once the the blood starts to come out even more. I go to turn around to grab a cloth but Cyrus is already holding one. Damn, that was fast. 

That's what she said-

His hand comes up to mine and he gently picks it up, holding it by my wrist. He dabs the cloth on the cut, looking down at it the entire time. But my eyes fall up to him. 

I notice a little scar on his collar bone. It almost looks like a blade cut him. I wonder what happened?

"Staring is creepy you know" His words break me out of the daze. His eyes comes up and find mine. His hand still holding my wrist while his other hand still holds the cloths to my thumb.Our eyes stare into each others before I finally break it  "Sorry, I didn't mean to" I feel a little pit of embarrassment at the bottom of my stomach and I look down at my thumb, avoiding his gaze.

He lets go of my hand and puts the cloths in the sink. I look down at my thumb to see all the blood now washed away. It's gonna start bleeding again soon so I grab a band-aid from the drawer and wrap it around my thumb. 

"How did it happen" I blurt out,looking back at Cyrus who's leaning against the counter with his arms folded over his chest. His eyes furrow a bit in confusion. 

"The scar on your collar bone" I solve his confusion, I think. His gaze falls to the floor and I instantly regret bringing it up "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked".

"It's fine, I just don't like talking about my scars" He shrugs, looking back up at me. I give him a tight lipped smile before beginning to walk off, back to my room. 

"I got it from a car accident. Piece of glass" He says just as I'm about to turn the corner. I hesitate for a moment before looking at him. His dark brown eyes are already looking at me. The air in the room is heavy, filled with a dark feeling. 

I don't want to ask any further questions so I just give him a small smile and nod before walking off. 

There are NO romantic feelings for each other yet. None at all, yet. 

Word count: 1432