Chapter 18 ~ Ants

Rose De León

Rose De León

"I feel like it was my fault. I shouldn't have told him to run" I tell J. For the last minutes I've been here talking to him since I needed some one to talk to. I even brought out another chair and put it beside him for me to sit in. 

"It's not your fault, Rose. He probably would have died if you left him there. Plus, haven't you killed lots of people before" He asks. 

"Yeah but still. After what happened with my mother I guess I'm just still not ready for the concept of a death being on my hands. I'll get over it soon, just not in this moment" I sigh and lean back in my chair. 

My phone rings from my hand and it's a different ring tone than usual. I look at the screen and see Cyrus's name. What the hell? 

I answer the phone and put it up to my ear "What do you want? And what is my ring tone?" I ask confused. 

"Before I gave you the phone I programmed the song in as my ringtone." He tells me and for a moment I think, just think, I hear a little laugh from him. "Your so weird" I sigh and bring my legs up to my chest.

"I have to go to the base for a while but I'll be back later. Are you okay left here alone?" He asks. Evelyn is visiting some of her old friends right now and Ryker's at his apartment I think. "Yeah, I have J so I'm fine" I say, looking over to J who's scrolling on his phone. 

"Okay, I'll talk to you later" He says before hanging up the phone. I put the phone back into my hoodie pocket. 

"I have to pee" I blurt and J chuckles at me with a shake of his head. 

~~~

I haven't left my bed since I don't even know when. After I peed I went back out but J was gone so I laid down on my bed and I haven't left since. I'm also pretty sure it's past midnight so that's fun. 

I'm hungry.

Than do something about it buttface. 

I groan and roll out of bed. Literally. I roll onto the floor with a thud and lay there for another 5 minutes before slowly getting to my feet. I take my hoodie off and I'm left in pj pants and a t-shirt. 

I carefully walk out of my room and make my way down to the kitchen. Oh shit, I forgot my phone and I can't see where the light switch is. 

I run back up the stairs but trip half way. My limbs aren't working today. Or is it tonight? 

I quickly grab my phone and head back down stairs. Once I reach the kitchen, I open the fridge and turn off my phone flash light since the fridge is enough light. 

I get the fruit punch out and pour myself a glass, chugging the whole thing and pouring myself another one. There's probably more fruit punch in my body than blood.