Chapter 43 ~ Bear

Rose De León

I'm bored.

Like very bored. 

I'm currently laying on my back in the middle of my bed, staring at the ceiling. 

There's not much to do around the house without Cyrus here.

I groan and pull myself into a sitting position. I look around the room until my eyes spot my running shoes. 

The shoes I haven't worn in forever because I've chosen laying in bed over running. This old granny trapped into a young girls body prefers sleeping all day then doing something other then going to the kitchen to get food.

Maybe we should change that. Or just go back to bed. 

I jump out of bed and pick out a running outfit, shorts and a shirt, before slipping on my shoes and grabbing my headphones out of my nightstand. 

Cyrus's side of the bed looks so empty without him here to fill it. Same for the closet full of his clothes just sitting there collecting dust. 

Every now and then I put on one of his shirts or sleep on his side of the bed, hoping to feel just a little bit closer to him. 

I take a deep breath, putting my yearning for Cyrus to the side like I have been everyday now, and head out the front door. 

I leave the driveway, turn on my music, and start off with a slow jog. 

I let the music pound in my hears as I start to pick up pace until I'm going a normal jogging speed. I can already feel a stitch forming below my rib but I keep going. 

Single Ladies starts playing and I'm almost tempted to take a dance break but instead I turn left onto a walking trail and keep jogging. 

There's no one around, just me and a bunch of trees. 

I really need to do this more often. 

It isn't until a big black bear steps out onto the trail about 20 meters a head of me that I stop dead in my tracks. 

Holy dead on rice. 

Single ladies finishes just in time for me to slowly take out my head phones and put them in my pocket. Wouldn't want to miss a single beat of Single ladies. 

Even though I'm in a very happily relationship. 

Wherever my other half may be right now.

2 little cubs coming running out from behind the bear and they start chasing each other around the mom. 

Awee so cute- Not the time. 

I don't move a muscle, afraid of what would happen if I did. 

The mother bear hasn't noticed me yet. She's just busy eating from a small blueberry bush. 

I slowly, very freaking slowly, pull out my phone and I flick my eyes down to my phone for just enough time to press call. 

Then I slowly, even slower then before, raise the phone to my ear.