Chapter 40 ~ Come back to me

Rose De León

For the past 2 days we have completely neglected to talk about today, the day he leaves. It's currently 9 am and he doesn't have to catch his flight until 11 PM tonight. 

We have spent every moment in each others presence. Whether it's just us talking on the couch or laying in bed in nothing but silence. 

I told Rebecca everything that's been going on and she's probably at home packing a suit case full of things because she decided that she was moving in with me for a while. I told her that I was fine on my own and that I had Jacob here, which I'm sure only made her want to come more, but I also kind of do want some more time with my sister. 

It seems like forever since we actually hung out for more than a phone call or a quick brunch. 

Cyrus is laying beside me, his soft snores filling the quiet space of his bedroom. Our bedroom. He's laying on his back and I'm curled up into his side, running my hand along his chest. 

I don't want him to leave. The entire time I've known him we have never spent much time apart. I know he's gonna come back to me but it still feels likes he's getting ripped out of my arms and I can do nothing but stand there and watch with a aching heart. 

I'm not loosing him, but it sure as hell feels like it. 

His hand raises and wipes away the tear on my cheek that I didn't know had fallen. I didn't even know I was crying. 

My head tilts up to look at his beautiful dark brown eyes. The morning light shines perfectly on his tan skin that I almost forget how to breathe. 

"You are the most spectacular thing in this entire world. I haven't done many good things in life, but falling in love with you was the best damn thing I could have ever done. I love you more than the stars and the moon love the night sky. I love you more than infinity" He whispers, his soft breath trickling my skin. 

He turns to his side facing me and curls me into him, my arms wrap around him and I hug him so impossibly close. 

"Let's just lay in bed all day" I whisper, a faint smile trickling my lips. 

"I'd give anything to do that, darling. But I'm afraid Ryker would run in here and jump on us like the dickhead that he is" I can hear the smile on his lips as a soft chuckle works itself up his chest. 

He's right though, Ryker would do that. 

~~~

"I'm just saying, I would make a great president. Way better than you would ever be. I'm already running an entire company, I could run the world" Rebecca protests. 

Rebecca and Ryker showed up here around the same time and ever since they have been bickering back and forth on who would make a better president. Jacob of course magically showed up when Rebecca arrived. 

All 3 of them are sitting on the couch, Ryker on one end and Jacob on the other with Rebecca in the middle. 

It's like I have children. 

Cyrus and me are on the other couch. He's on his back and I'm laying between his legs with the back of my head laying on his chest.