Chapter 27 ~ The mafia ball

Rose De León

"She's gonna have all my kids" J says as he scrolls through his phone, probably looking at photos of Rebecca, while I do my make up for the mafia ball that is in an hour. 

I completely ship them. 

He's been sitting here fan-girling about her and how pretty she is, like I need to be reminded of that. I think he forgets we are twins some times.

My bedroom door creaks open Evelyn peeks her head around the corner, "Just making sure you weren't in the middle of changing" She smiles and completely walks in, shutting the door behind her with a box in her hands.

I haven't even put on my dress, I have only done my make up and my hair. The dress I picked isn't the best, I ran out of time so it was a late option but I think it will still work. 

Evelyn sets the box on the bed and gestures for me to come over there. I sigh and walk over, looking at her confused. Even J sits up on the bed, putting his phone in his pocket. 

"Cyrus told me you ran out of time to get a dress so I dug up the dress that I wore to my first mafia ball with Cyrus's grandfather" She tells me, a hint of sadness flickering in her eyes at the end

"Thank you but I already have a dress" I point to the closet where my dress is hanging. She glances at it and then looks back at me, "I'm sorry but I saw that dress yesterday when I came in here to look for you and you deserve a way better dress than that. Something that will make you feel like the most beautiful person in that entire ball and I know that dress won't do it for you" She knows me too well. 

I sigh and glance down at the box before giving up and lifting the top off of it. I pull the dress out of the box- 

It's absolutely beautiful. 

Holy cow shit. 

It's a dark red colour and has layers going all the way down. The top has small details along with parts of the gown. She must have looked stunning in this dress. 

I'm speechless

I'm speechless. 

"Thank you so much" I manage to choke out, still in shock. She laughs and pats me on the shoulder, "You're very welcome".

I glance over at J who's also admiring the dress. Then it hits me, "Are you not going to the ball?" I ask looking over at Evelyn confused. 

She sighs and shakes her head, looking down at the ground, "No I'm not. I haven't gone since my husband passed away" She manages to still smile but I can see the sadness in her eyes.