Chapter 3 - Stormy eyes

Third year

Lyra

I hurriedly quickened my pace, as I heard four sets of feet behind me and immediately knew who they belonged to. Some unknown jinx whizzed by my right ear, as I dove slightly to the left. A black haired boy materialized in front of me, directly in my path. I skidded to a clumsy halt, dropping my charms textbook. I spun on my heel, only to be briefly startled by James, Remus and Peter's sudden appearance.

James laughed menacingly, as he strode towards me. "Davi."

My expression speedily hardened into a enraged glare. "Potter."

The boy behind me laughed, humourlessly. "Blimey, no acknowledgement for me?" I yanked my wand out from behind my left ear and went to point it at him, only for it to be taken from behind me by one of the three other boys.

Remus spoke up. "Why do you care about some Slytherin?"

Peter strode forward next. "Yeah, punish it."

I quickly lost my footing, as I attempted to run and James shot a jinx at me. Sirius sneered down at me, as I quickly pushed myself up to my knees. "Once a clumsy git, always a bloody git." I launched myself at him, only to be roughly yanked back again, this time by Peter and Remus. They threw me down and I barely had time to scramble to my feet, before I was down again.

"Stupefy." James' voice was the last one I heard before my mind betrayed me to the cold, black oblivion. Sirius' eyes being the last thing I saw. Stormy grey eyes. Only this time the owner was doing nothing to soften the blow as I was shoved onto my back and into darkness as the world faded from sight and colours exploded behind my eyelids.

{4/11/15}