Chapter 25 - DADA

Lyra

Sprinting to my DADA class, I only had to pass one unpleasant sight. In a seemingly empty corridor, I had jogged past Sirius and some Hufflepuff girl snogging. Obviously with me gagging in the background. I made it with five seconds to spare, stumbling through the threshold. Not even a second after slamming the door, it threw itself open and caught my right shoulder blade. The class all stopped and watched the scene. Sirius, with his hair all messy and lip swollen, swaggered in. Until he saw whom he had hit with the door. He smirked lazily.

"Oops." He slammed the door shut, purposely causing it to hit my side, sending me crashing to the tile floor.

The professor, who's name escaped me at the present time, hurried forward. "Mr. Black! Late again! Take your seat." She glanced down at me. "Miss Davi, if you don't mind, I'd like to begin the lesson." I sprung to my feet with embarrassment as laughter chorused around the room.

I huffed, angrily muttering and took my usual seat beside Lily, Mary and Marlene. The professor sighed, before smiling broadly and picking up her papers.

"Today's lesson will be a review about Boggarts. Your O.W.L will be in an hour. Can anyone tell me what a Boggart looks like?" Lily, Remus, Mary and my hand all flew up. I attempted to look as though I didn't care, not wanting to be labelled as a Ravenclaw. Bloody hell. I didn't want to be labelled as anything! But, that's all that happens here.

Eventually, she called on Mary. "It looks different for everyone. It reflects their worst fear."

"Correct, Miss Macdonald!" The professor practically beamed. "Five points to Gryffindor!" She examined everyone in the full classroom. "Who would fancy trying?" When no hands went up, she clapped hers together. "Miss Davi! How about you?" She stared hard at me, until I reluctantly nodded.

I rose to my feet and strode forward, not knowing what to expect. The professor watched me intently. I squared my jaw, stepping up to the box holding the Boggart. With a nod, she opened the lid. What I wasn't ready for, was what was inside. Not inside the box. Me. What horrid fear I had pushed down, to the bottom of my heart. (Any guesses?)

What I saw materialize in front of me was enough the set the hair on my neck on edge, goosebumps appearing on my arms and my blood run cold.

Four boys stood in front of me, looking very menacingly at me. With a start, I recognized them. James, Sirius, Remus and Peter stood there. Like statues, but I knew I could never be that fortunate and that definitely wouldn't be my worst fear. All of the boy's wands were pointed at my heart or forehead. Their voices echoed through the room, cracking my eardrums and leaving my heart plummeting into a distressed hammering sound in my ears.

"Stupid, lousy Slytherin. Blimey."

"Once a Slytherin, always one, oi Padfoot? Probably turn on Evans, McKinnon and Macdonald first."

"Only the price of befriending Lyra Davi, Prongs."

I ashamedly felt tears stream down my cheeks, their words echoing in my ears. I realized with a jolt, my worst fears are already a reality. I have nothing else to lose, if my worst fear is true. I wheezed, hurt. I vowed, from then on, that I would no longer care about the so called Marauders. I turned on my heel, ignoring the shouts from the professor behind me. I sprinted out the door, past the marauders, themselves, who could only stare at me with strange and unreadable expressions, as I ran by. Their clouded eyes burned into my memory.

{05/30/15}