Chapter 19 - The ball p3

This chapter is dedicated to i_cant_be_a_muggle for being my 100th vote on this story! :) Thank you guys so much! (And don't worry, this is the last part of the ball chapters.)

Lyra

I bumped into a boy, as I stormed away. I went to apologize before seeing the black hair. I worried suddenly, until I saw the dark eyes and knew it wasn't Sirius.

"I'm sorry, Reg."

He smiled at me. "It was my fault." He looked at what I was wearing. "Slytherin, huh? What about Ravenclaw?" His smile seemed to grow sad.

"I'll always be a Slytherin at heart."

He smiled genuinely. "What about Quidditch?"

I sighed. "I'm one of the Ravenclaw chasers now. Already had beaters."

He placed his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry. I know how much you loved being a beater."

"Oh, well. You've gotta do, what you gotta do."

Regulus smiled at me one more time before removing his hand from my shoulder and going off to find his date. I sighed, remembering the couple weeks we dated in fourth year after winning the house cup.

I felt a light tap on my left shoulder and spun around, surprised, to find Remus behind me. "Hi, Remus.." I trailed off, remembering all the times that him and his friends bullied me and vowed not to let my guard down.

A small smile appeared on his lips. "May I have this dance?" He held his hand out.

I considered it for a moment. A fast song was playing and it seemed like most people were doing a jive. Still vowing not to trust him, I let a small smile, matching his, spread onto my face.

I placed my hand in his. "You may." I caught sight of Sirius scowling in disbelief and I felt my eye twitching in fury.

As soon as Remus and I got to the middle of the floor, the music changed drastically and a slow song began. I cringed and Remus sent me a questioning look, as if asking if it was okay to dance still. I hesitantly nodded, wrapping my arms around his neck. He, also looking hesitant, placed his hands on my waist. We moved in time with the music and the many other couples. Eventually, my fear began to melt as I realized he wasn't like James or Sirius.

Against my will, I felt my guard going down and I slowly rested my head on his chest. Of course, I was still slightly aware, kind of like a predator lying in wait. Just waiting for their prey to slip up.

3rd person

Lyra, still alert like a fox, was slowly relaxing, finally realizing that Remus wasn't like Sirius. He wrapped his arms around her waist and they were basically hugging now, his chin resting on the top of her head. The song began to come to an end and, deciding that no one could really see them, Lyra rose up on her tiptoes and placed her hands on his shoulders. Remus leaned his head down, Lyra being very short, and kissed her. Lyra, being very caught off guard, hesitantly kissed back. It was quick and pure, but romantic all the same. Lyra smiled slightly, while Remus smiled shyly and quickly kissed her forehead before disappearing into the crowd.

And that's all it took. Just a moment with Lyra's guard down and she knew, with a sickening jolt, that she was falling for Remus. Falling for the enemy. But Remus wasn't the enemy. Was he?

{5/15/15}