Chapter 24 - Mulciber

3rd person (since I was busy and didn't update the last chapter for three days).

An incredibly tearful girl with copper coloured hair, seeming as though it was blazing, and amber eyes, like a fox, hurried down the corridor. She finally decided on leaning against a wall, collapsing below it. Cries tore through her, no matter how much she'd try to muffle and drown them out with her hand. Suddenly, a horrible banging started up behind her. Her head flew up, anger lacing her features and contorting them like a paint canvas. They softened at seeing the door causing the noise, before quickly hardening, as she realized that it was coming from a broom cupboard. Fury filled her eyes and she leaped to her feet, prepared to give them a piece of her mind.

Only, what she wasn't prepared for was the fact that when she ripped open the door, her own best friend burst out from behind the door. Mary Macdonald seemed to fly down the corridor the moment the barrier was gone. Her face was flushed, her fists were purple from pounding the door, hair tangled and messed. In ten seconds, Mary was gone from view.

The copper haired girl peered into the empty broom closet, but found no one else.

Lyra

I sighed deeply, turning to sprint after Mary. I followed the corridor until it had split into two different ones and, suddenly feeling awfully like I was a in a maze, I left to go back to the Gryffindor common room instead.

Time lapse

I picked up my books from Transfiguration, carrying them to the Gryffindor common room to see Mary. I grasped the doorknob, but froze as I heard Lily's voice from inside the room.

"-detest Avery and Mulciber!" I felt my jaw clench in defence. "Mulciber! What do you see in him, Sev? He's creepy!" I prepared to walk in, to tell Lily exactly what I thought about her insulting my friend, until I heard her next words. "D'you know what he tried to do to Mary Macdonald the other day?"

My mouth tasted sour as I began to comprehend what Lily had just told Severus. A faint ringing filled my ears as Sev's response made me even more furious.

"That was nothing. It was a laugh, that's all-"

"It was Dark Magic, and if you think that's funny-" I had heard enough.

I turned on my heel and sprinted away, with my interpretation of their conversation burning into my mind. Dark magic. I had caught him working on the Imperius curse recently, but I had thought nothing of it, he'd told me it was a project. What a lie that was. Storming off and pursuing Mulciber, I finally bumped right into the person I had meant to speak to. Oh, joy. I stumbled backward, nearly falling over as I ran right into him. A look of concern washed over his face and he held his right hand out to me, before I quickly got up by myself.

"Ly-"

"Don't call me that." My face became warm with fury.

"What's the matter with you?"

"With me? How could you? How dare you?" I spun on my heel and stormed off. Well, you know, if he hadn't grabbed my left wrist. I jerked backwards, sprawling into his arms. He smiled arrogantly at my distress. I swung my fist into his nose, hearing the same crunch as with Sirius, and sprinted away, not looking back once, hurrying off to my DADA class with Gryffindor.

{05/26/15}