Chapter 7 - Mary Macdonald

Fourth year

Lyra

I stormed down the hall, away from Emmeline Vance. She had once again decided to hex me for standing up to a group of Gryffindors terrorizing a few Slytherin first years. My hair was matted and cascaded down my shoulders, reaching to my waist from when Emmeline yanked my hair and the elastic snapped. I stomped angrily to the Slytherin common room, stumbling and nearly falling the entire way there. I heard someone behind me and began to ran. Eventually, I lost whoever it was. I slowed my pace and turned my head, studying the corridor for any signs of life like a fox on the prowl. Only when I turned around again, I was sent sprawling backwards.

The girl I bumped into was laying on her stomach, on the other side of the corridor, while I was on my back. The girl had long brown hair, pulled back into a ponytail over her shoulder. She looked up and caught my eye, beginning to laugh. "Blimey, I didn't see you there!" She brushed herself off and held her left hand out to me, smiling. I hesitantly grabbed her hand and she pulled me to my feet with strength that I didn't expect from a girl barely bigger than I am.

I scratched the back of my head, wincing slightly in pain. I examined the girl a little bit more and assumed she was in fourth year like me. I spotted her eyes wandering to my house tie and finally I realized which house she was from. Gyffindor. A strange look crossed her face, as she saw the green and silver. She seemed to shrink back in size.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to! Really, I didn't! I'm very sorry and-" I waved off her excuse and rolled my eyes before smiling slightly.

"Let's start over, shall we?" I brushed off my skirt and held out my right hand. "I'm Lyra. Lyra Davi." The girl smiled back, after she swallowed her surprise and maybe even fear.

"I'm Mary Macdonald."

A/N

Fourth year was only sort of a filler chapter, sorry about that! There's one more though!

{4/22/15}