Chapter 29 - From Bad to Worse

Lyra

My vision slowly came back into focus. I seemed to be lying down on a chair or something. I opened my eyes wider to discover that I was on a bench. Sirius seemed to be buying something. I snapped my eyes closed when I saw him glance my way. Moments later, I heard his footsteps. The bench shifted underneath me with his added weight. After a minute had past, I heard him speak up.

"I know you're awake, you know."

I opened my eyes, seeing Sirius looking down at me. I began to sit up only to struggle and nearly fall back again, if he hadn't caught me. He helped me sit up. He handed me something that looked sort of like candy.

"Here. You'll feel better if you eat. Well, that's what Remus says." I shrugged and smiled a little.

He stared off in to the distance and I found myself studying him, trying to figure out if this was a trick. He looked at me, probably feeling my stare and I quickly looked at the ground, my face turning red.

"Why are you being so kind to me?" My curiosity finally got the better of me.

He shrugged. I heard approaching footsteps and turned to see the other three Marauders walking toward us. James' eyes settled on me and he immediately brought out his wand. Sirius shook his head and I could faintly hear their whispers. Sirius seemed to be explaining to them what happened. Why he wasn't hexing me into oblivion, obviously. I saw Remus' face spread into a look of shock and pity, whereas James and Peter didn't seem to care.

Sirius finally strode back over. He sunk down onto the bench beside me. He seemed to notice my look of curiosity. "I told them what happened, if you don't mind." I nodded.

"Why do you care if I mind?" I raised my voice. "Why do you care at all? Why did you come to save me? Why didn't you just leave me there?"

His face had an annoyed expression. "I told you already. I was worried about you." I scowled, not believing a word of it. He sighed loudly. "Which reminds me. Go out with me, Davi?"

I scowled again. "No."

"Why not?" He asked exasperatedly.

"Oh yea, pardon me. Of course I'll go out with the biggest player in school whom has bullied me for years just because he could." I glared. "Don't you think I have some self respect for myself?"

He glared back.

"Why are you asking me after all these years anyway?"

He glared angrily. "Because I think I have feelings for you." He blurted out.

I froze. "What?"

He continued to glare.

"But what about all those girls you've dated?"

"Blimey! All of them were a distraction. To try and find one that was not a Slytherin, that was better than you." He explained. "Which, for the record, never happened."

Confusion filled my face before anger laced my features. "So you've been bullying me all these years just because you wanted to pretend that you didn't like me? That you could do better? You're a bloody git, you know that? I knew you fancied me but-"

A matching look of fury exploded onto his face. "I don't fancy you!"

I smiled with false sweetness. "Then I'm sure you won't mind if I say no."

"No?"

"To going out with you."

Disbelief appeared in his eyes. "You're rejecting me?"

"Yes."

"Oh." Bitter disappointment filled his eyes.

I pushed myself onto my feet. "And-" I was cut off by an explosion followed by screams.

A/N:

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNN

{06/07/15}