Chapter 18 - The ball p2

Lyra

I sat at the table, my face getting redder and redder with rage. Dumbledore spoke up once more. "We have some lovely muggleborn singers, I believe. Alas, please stand. A few girls and two boys stood up. A boot toe kicked my ankle and I cringed, looking up at Marlene with a confused expression. She nudged me with her toe again, ushering me forward by tilting her head to the side. I slowly rose to my feet. Dumbledore clapped his hands and named off the volunteers. A boy and a girl sang a song together, people dancing once more.

When finally it was my turn. I thought desperately, urging a song to come to my mind. When one finally did.

"All those arrows you threw, you threw them away,"

The marauders eyes flew up at me. They were some of the only students not dancing. Mary gave me a reassuring smile and Marlene waved.

"You kept falling in love and then one day,"

The marauders were still eyeing me and I saw recognition spread over their features.

"When you fell, you fell towards me,"

I stared intently at the marauders, staring into each of their eyes.

"When you crashed in the clouds, you found me,"

I knew they remembered that day in the corridor.

"Oh, please don't go,"

"I want you so,"

"I can't let go,"

"For I lose control."

I heard clapping and I quickly curtsied dramatically, running off. Marlene hugged me, squealing. But I couldn't help but look at them over her shoulder. Sirius slowly approached me after Marlene left to go dance with a small third year boy to be polite. I scowled at him and when I least expected it, he yanked my hand and kissed it, still looking at me. Heat filled my cheeks and I pulled away from him, blushing furiously. I scowled again, but some of the rage had melted when I became surprised. "Shall we dance, Davi?" He winked at me, smirking at my red face.

"No, we shan't." I quickly stepped backward. Anger filled his eyes but he kept a calm expression.

"That's not polite, Davi."

"You're not polite, Black."

It seemed to get more difficult for him to keep his composure. "Still a whiny git, obviously."

"Takes one to know one." His rage seemed to sizzle and his face was red.

"Once a Slytherin, always a Slytherin." He hissed.

"Notably the only reason we were never friends." My anger had reached it's limit. "If you haven't noticed, Black, I'm still the same I was when we first met." I advanced toward the four of them, now addressing them all. "Do you think, do you think that something a stupid hat said to me, changed me?"

"I-"

"You what? I'm still the girl I was when I fell down on the train that day. And you're still the arrogant prat I was too blind to see through."

I turned on my heel and walked away, calling one last thing over my shoulder. "If you think I'm a certain thing, it's what you made me."

{5/14/15}