Chapter 30 - Warnings

Lyra

Alarms screeched through my mind as I propelled myself forward, gaping at the building down the street that had just been blown to smithereens. I felt Sirius' hand on my wrist and I uselessly attempted to pull it away but his iron grip yanked me back to my original spot. He held a finger to his lips, pushing me behind the bench.

I hurriedly looked through the two pieces of wood, seeing Sirius sprinting away, armed with his wand. I slumped backward, in utter annoyance. "What rubbish." I took in my surroundings before stumbling to my feet. I sprinted toward the castle, toward the rubble. Adrenaline seemed to run through my veins as my blood pumped in my ears. My Gryffindor blood.

Time lapse

A girl with blonde hair, caked with blood ran up the moving staircases, yanking a brown haired girl behind her. My sisters.

I called out to them. "Took you long enough!" Gemini's head whipped up and I soon came into vision as she examined our surroundings. "While you've been dragging a lazy git with you, as if she's an old friend of yours that you're trying to force to take a jog, I've been scouting out all the information I can." Gem rolled her eyes.

An explosion sounded above me and what happened next happened all too quickly. One moment Gem had been standing, slightly hunched over in pain, the next she was on the ground, having been thrown there by the brown haired girl that stood in front of her, arms outstretched to protect the fallen girl. Ara gasped in agony, red spreading across the front of her shirt and slumped to the ground. Pushing through the crowd of people and ducking as curses flew over my head, I sprinted toward her.

Her eyes scanned over my face as I came nearer. She seemed to be gasping for breath and her hands clutched at her chest. I sank to my knees in front of her, before she shook her head wildly with all the strength she had left. With her final breaths, she breathed out her next words which soon became her last. "I'm sorry." She sighed. "I really am." She stopped moving. Her blank eyes stared above her, not seeing, at the cold white ceiling.

I leapt to my feet, turning on my heel and running until my chest hurt and my breath came in shallow gulps and wheezes. The girls who had caused the curse that ended my sister's life stood there, mocking me with silent smirks. With a sickening jolt, I identified them as only a group of Slytherin fourth years. Six of them were there. I quickly identified them as Lucia, Taya, Angie, Shania, Haley and Lin. Taya and Haley were blonde, whereas the other four were dark haired.

I flung curses at the group, hurriedly taking down Taya, Haley, Lin and Shania. I sprinted away, ducking under the repeated curses Lucia and Angie threw after me. My hair had broken free of the hair elastic during this time, and was tangled down my back. What a sight I must've been, running like something monstrous was chasing me, through the paths of Hogsmeade. A girl with tangled, coppery hair and insane eyes flying down the road, not even stopping to breathe and barely touching her feet to the ground as she ran.

A dry, hissing voice filled my head and I could hear my heart hammering against my rib cage as I made it to the edge of Hogsmeade. It repeatedly hissed my name. "Lyra Davi." It seemed to laugh, mockingly. "Daughter of Leonie Davi, nee Carrow." I flung my hands to my ears, trying to block out the words, feeling shock fill me as I heard the vile surname. "Isn't it wonderful how you were the cause of her death? Horrible, naïve Lyra. But now you've caused so many other deaths, haven't you?"

"Shut up!" I shrieked through my clenched jaw. I saw witches and wizards turn toward me in surprise but I ignored them, lowering my voice to a whisper. "I haven't caused anyone's death. And my name is not Lyra. Not anymore. Not now, not ever again."

She barely heard the boy approaching behind her.

{06/10/15}