Chapter 8 - Quidditch

Fourth year (for one more chapter)

3rd person

After about an hour of her arguing with Poppy, rolling her eyes and her eye twitching more times than probably healthy, Lyra finally convinced the patron to let her play the quidditch match scheduled that day. Poppy, still worried about her after the attack by Emmeline, only let her go after Lyra had argued that she would heal and that she hadn't been horribly injured.

The girl laughed lightly, to herself. She was already wearing her green and silver Slytherin sweater, her beater's bat having also shown up along the way. How could she possibly miss the last match of the year?

Lyra

I flew up, into my position. I zoned out what everyone was saying except for something along the lines of 'I want a clean game' or whatever. I watched with a rare smirk on my face, as I watched Wood and our captain shake hands, looking as though they were attempting to break each other's fingers. I swung my bat around and just enjoyed the feeling of flying, while I waited for the whistle. Finally, the screechy thing was blown and all hell broke loose. Well, you know what I mean.

"The quaffle is released." The commentator's voice rang out. "And the game begins."

I immediately zipped through the air, enjoying the wind hitting my face and pushing my ponytail behind my shoulder. "Chaser, James Potter in possession of the quaffle."

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a bludger heading towards one of the chasers and I dove towards them, knocking it away with my bat, narrowly missing James.

"Slytherin beater, Lyra Davi makes an.. okay hit with her bat." The commentator said in a bored tone. "Very pretty besides the small detail of her house.. if only she-"

Mcgonagall stood in annoyance and attempted to, what looked like, strangle him. But it could've just been that I was fifty feet away. "Are you commentating or matchmaking, Mr. Jordan?"

"Sorry, professor." I laughed and after knocking another bludger towards James, I flew towards him and jokingly blew a kiss. He started to speak up, but Minnie silenced him with a glare. "And back to.. Gryffindor!"

Minnie glanced at me. "Miss Davi!" Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Gem look up curiously and Ara stand up. Mcgonagall seemed to see them too, because she sighed exasperatedly. "Not you! Lyra Davi."

I laughed again, quickly flying back into the game. I glanced at the score to find that we were tied with Gryffindor, only seconds before a Slytherin chaser, I had not taken note of, scored making the score 40-50.

My breathing began to quicken and my heart hammered in my chest. I looked around for our seeker, whom I thought was a Black. I spotted him. He was chasing the snitch. The boy had dark eyes and black hair. I sped toward him, knocking away bludgers.

"Regulus Black has caught the snitch. Slytherin wins."

"Slytherin wins the house cup!"

I stumbled off my broom as I hit the ground and without thinking about it, I placed both of my hands on either side of his head and kissed him. I quickly pulled away when I heard people awing and ran away, seeing a furious Sirius as I passed him.

A/N:

How do you guys like this story? It's the first one I plan on finishing without going on hold and enjoy.

{4/23/15}