First day

At breakfast, the next day all of us are sitting in the same spot we did the night before, in the great hall. Taking a bite of my muffin I talk with Blaise about Quidditch when our head of house, professor Snape, walks over to our group. He has been a long-time friend of my dad and I can recall the multiple occasions he has come to our castle and taught me many things about potions. "Hello, Professor." I greet him, even though I would normally call him uncle Sev. "Hello Nisha," he hands me and the rest of my friends a slip of blank parchment then takes out his wand tapping it on the sheet making our timetable appear. "I have high expectations for you Nisha." He drawls and turns to give timetables to the rest of the house. "No fair you're going to be his favorite," Blaise whines grabbing my timetable to see we both have potions first. "Your whining to the wrong person, Blaise, she's the one who's benefited you're not getting any sympathy from her." Daphne cuts in. "Daphne you make me out to seem heartless." Blaise's eyes light up. Does this mean you'll put in a good word for me?" "Oh no I still don't care, I was just saying," I respond with an amused smirk on my face. Blaise's face falls. Daphne chuckles and takes my timetable to compare it to hers. "We have most of the same classes just transfiguration, DADA and herbology are different." "Good." I nod finishing off my muffin and standing up with my bookbag. "Let's start going to class it's almost time," I tell Blaise as he and Daphne follow in suit. "You have potions first?" Draco asks. I nod in response and look to his right to see Maven giving me an evil smile. "So do we."

All the Slytherins sit on one side of the class while the Gryffindors sit on the other. My whole friend group.. and Maven, sit together at a table. Blaise was on my left with Daphne on my right. Draco on Blaise's other side and Maven on Daphne's. Matteo sits across from me between Draco and Maven. Suddenly the door slams open and the entire class becomes quiet. Snape struts in and begins talking. "There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class, as such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and art that is potion-making, However, for those select few who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle flame. Brew glory. And even put a stopper in death." I found myself on the edge of my seat very interested in what my uncle had to say. He knew how to make potions sound very engaging though that's never been a problem for him to do at least with me. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not. Pay. Attention." He slowly says grabbing Harry's attention who seems to be writing something. "Mr.Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me what would I get if I added powder root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Harry shakes his head no. "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr.Potter, would you look I asked you to find me a bezoar?" A bushy-haired girl raised her hand looking at the professor in desperation. Harry glances at her before replying, "I don't know sir." "And what is the difference between munkswood and wolfbane?" The girl's hand is still in the air while Harry utters the same response as before. "Pity, clearly fame isn't everything is it Mr.Potter?" Harry begins to glare at him while some of the Slytherins chuckles at his stupidity. "I'm not the only celebrity in this class! Why don't you ask those two I bet they don't know either!" He points at us and a smirk makes its way to my lips. Oh, I love when people underestimate me. "Potter, I'm the future Queen of the wizarding world I learned all this when I was 6, but if it would please the almighty Harry Potter,  asphodel abs wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the drought of living death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. Finally, monkshood and wolfsbane are the same plant which is also known as aconite." I wore a proud smirk on my face as I stood. "You grew up in the wizarding world that doesn't mean anything." I scowl at Harry. Just how pathetic and petty must this child be? Although he is a Griffindor. "Your little Weasley friend also grew up in this world and he wouldn't know the answer if it was in the question." Harry glares at me. "Ron is just,-" he pauses and I chuckle darkly. "Stupid? An idiot? I believe those are the words you're looking for. My, my no loyalty to your friend. Weasley, you might be better off with other friends." Weasley now glares at me too. "20 points to Slytherin. Potter let this be your only warning we do not undermine other students for the sake to feel better about ourselves."  Harry still had a glare on his face but muttered out, "Yes sir." I sat back down, Harry was in for it now. We were tasked with brewing a simple potion and somehow Maven and I started a competition. No words were said, no bets were made, yet I found myself attempting to brew the potion as fast and efficiently possible. I had just added the last ingredient when Maven threw one extra dragon scale throwing the proportions off balance. "Maven!" I yelled before quickly balancing the poison as to not cause a reaction like the Griffindor kid who, I heard, was prone to blowing things up. After balancing it I stirred 3 times clockwise and raised my hand at the exact moment Maven did. Snape comes over and peers at both of our potions. "10 points each, well done. I'm... impressed." I smiled proudly I was a way better potion maker than Maven. Once snape was away from our table I stormed up to Maven and punched him in the stomach. "Potion making is very important to me so don't you dare mess it up." He bent over in pain his face contorting before he recovered. He glared down at me before wheezing out, "Thanks for letting me know." I just groaned and turn to Daphne to help her with her potion, refraining from punching Maven again.